Beast X Dead Apple 7: Signal and Revelations (Part Four)

4/4

(Hours before the fog started...)

Location: Yamashita Park, Yokohama.
Time: 2:59 pm 

"Don't call me outta nowhere, Bimbo, I'm a busy man. My time is more expensive than gold." Nakahara Chuuya spoke as he sat down on the bench beside Yuko.

"You wouldn't have come here if you're indeed busy, Chuuya. But still, I appreciate it..."

The park was surprisingly peaceful for a tourist spot, a boring and dull afternoon where there's only the two of them.

"So? Why do you look like shit?" Chuuya commented after noticing Yuko's complexion. She still looked the same, apart from the faint dark circles under her eyes. 

"I should be sleeping right now but I've been running some errands for Dazai, so... " She sighed tiredly. 

"Tch! Is this also an errand from Dazai?"

"No, I called you here because I have something to tell you." 

Chuuya was about to leave but went back to his seat after Yuko stopped him. He leaned back to the bench lazily, recognizing Yuko's tone which indicated something important. 

"Lend me your hand. Also, without your gloves." Yuko asked, offering her palm. 

"Ha?! Why?"

"Tch! Just do it, Chuuya. Trust me, I won't do anything shady." 

They both exchanged serious glares before Chuuya surrendered. He removed a glove from his right hand and gave it to Yuko. 

"Oh, right. Activate your ability, too." Yuko said before she closed her eyes, holding his hand. Chuuya followed quietly.

Ability: For the Tainted Sorrow

Ability: Territory of Light

"Did you just curse me or what?" Chuuya said after Yuko lets go of his hand, feeling something different about his ability though he doesn't exactly know what it is. 

He felt his ability a bit contained but not in a harmful way. 

"It's only temporary, Chuuya. I adjusted your ability a bit." Yuko said.

"Adjust?! What for? Hey, I didn't consent to that!" 

Yuko gave him a dead-panned look and swatted his finger from pointing at her. 

"It's just an adjustment so that your ability won't separate from you. Your ability's still the same, don't worry." She said boredly.

"Although, for the rest of the day, I advise you not to use it unless you're underground or above the skies, by the way. It'll break the effect." 

Chuuya couldn't understand what she was talking about. Her words felt like riddles, more like a warning, but without proper explanations.

"Oi, Yuko, I'm not stupid. Spill it out. What's going to happen?" He said seriously. 

Yuko glanced at him before sighing. 

"Obviously, not good. But don't ask anymore...you'll be fine." 

He stared at her for a moment, trying to read her mind despite her blank expression. There was nothing in her eyes; Yuko was indeed a hard person to read. 

Chuuya then gave up.

He found the situation a bit similar to Dazai, where one should just give up on thinking what's in their minds.