Episode 29: Dreams and Onsens

I was walking silently into a forest with the moon being covered by the skies above. The wind was blowing lightly and all I can hear was the sound of the trees rustling every time the wind passed by.

Is this a dream?

I can't sense my ability and so it must be a dream.

Suddenly, I heard a sound coming from behind. Something was walking towards my direction...

I stood still and turned around to see what it was.

I heard a growl.

A pair of glowing eyes then shone through the dark, looking at me directly. I can only see its eyes and yet I already know it wasn't human.

It was a beast.

"I'm Yuko..." I said, not really sure why I introduced myself instead.

It let out a growl again.

Its eyes were golden, like the eyes of a cat's. It was gold, just like mine, the only difference is that it was mixed with a hint of purple...

Those eyes were really pretty.

"Is it okay for me to see you?" I said politely.

I wasn't scared nor nervous.

I was calm.

As the moon was starting to reveal itself, the beast slowly stepped into the light.

Its white paws stepped in first and judging by the looks of it...it was a tiger's.

A huge white tiger.

The tiger walked towards me and stopped

The tiger walked towards me and stopped. Its eyes were staring at me, and I also stared back quietly.

It was like saying something to me but then I didn't know what it was...somehow, it felt familiar.

It wasn't just a normal tiger.

"What are you?" I whispered.

The tiger looked behind me and so I also looked back to see the moon, glowing brightly than ever.

It was beautiful.

And then, I heard a voice.

A sound of a boy crying.

The tiger stopped and I felt the atmosphere changed. It was angry...

Angry at the sound of the boy's whimper.

I closed my eyes, trying to locate where the sound was coming from but the tiger roared...and the crying have stopped.

I opened my eyes, expecting to see the dream but then it was gone.