Episode 9: A Step From The Past That Leads To The Truth (Part Two)

Subjected to a lifetime imprisonment in the facility.

I was supposed to be terminated, to be killed. But because I was a former Hunting Dog and a government's agent, they took the liberty of keeping me alive.

It was the least thing they could do...

Their last mercy, if you will.

My comrade was there to at least interrogate me to what happened. He asked me how I managed to do so since it was impossible. I gave him the truth, that I didn't know what happened to me. Though, I didn't actually expect them to take my words.

None of it matters to them anyway.

I became disposable in an instant and to be honest, I was glad.

I was no longer chained, though it's pretty much the same if you're locked up. But still, I was freed.

Was I actually free, then?

After receiving my sentence, I was transferred again into another facility.

It was an island where the government would conduct their research on ability users, and some holds dangerous criminals.

I was bound there for life.

I haven't even stayed a single night then, when something already happened.

I was quietly sitting on my cell when suddenly there was a ruckus outside, something was happening. I continued to listen quietly as I hear the sound of people's voices screaming and the alarm of the facility ringing aloud.

It sounded like a complete panic.

Then, I heard the sound of each cells opening and the prisoners all started escaping. They started fighting each other using their abilities. Each cells were opened and the facility's ability suppressors went out...

All except for my cell.

I continued to stay in my cell in silence.

I couldn't use my ability and I didn't bother to get out. I wasn't a criminal like them...I was sentenced, and so I should do nothing.

That night was filled with the scent of blood polluting the air.

When I woke up, I was greeted by the sight of my former comrades...and they were there to apprehend me.

The whole facility was dead; all the people, even the ability users that were there...they were all killed. I was the only one alive...and I was blamed for it.

All were killed by the ability users in the island, and after that, those ability users killed themselves using their abilities. Because I was the only one left, also because of the nature of my ability, they didn't had a doubt that it was me.

They said that I did it because of what happened to me...that I have ultimately became a Mad Dog.

No matter how hard I try to explain that I didn't do it, nor what the events could possibly be, they didn't believe a word I said.

Even if they used abilities to extract information from me, they didn't believe it. They thought I tampered with it using my ability, leading to false information.

So, it was pure torture.

I was tortured and interrogated by my very own comrades. My former comrades.

Sure, it hurt, but it was bearable. I used to be one of them, after all.

All the pain I have gone through for years had already turned my nerves into steel. I can still feel, but everything was bearable.