Episode 10: What It Takes To Be A Person

Listening to Yuko's words have made Dazai even more interested to her. It exceeded his expectations.

She told him the truth about of her life, her identity, and yet something was still missing.

Her ability...

What was her ability?

Her ability that has caused her so much misfortune and even brought death upon her doorstep, what was it?

"Yuko-chan...what's your ability?" Dazai spared no hesitations.

Yuko thought about Dazai's question, whether or not to answer him.

"It's-"

Before she can speak, however, the two of them were greeted by a loud voice of someone arriving to join them.

"Oi, Dazai! You were here the whole time! I kept calling you, you bastard!!!"

A vein popped on Dazai's forehead after the vulgar interruption of his loathsome partner.

"Nice timing, Chuuya...a very nice timing!" Dazai said with an irritated smile.

Yuko turned to see the new person. Her eyes widened at surprise when she realized it was someone familiar.

"Hm? Nakahara Chuuya-san." She said which made the short male stopped from his tracks.

"Oh? You're the chick from last time!...Yuko, wasn't it?!" He exclaimed.

"You know each other?" Dazai boredly glanced at Yuko, ignoring Chuuya.

She nodded.

"Yeah. We've met."

Yuko didn't want to elaborate how she met Chuuya. How can she mention that she forced him to buy her groceries once more...it'll only complicate things.

"Oi, why is she here?" Chuuya growled while joining the two.

"Boss ordered us to bring her in the HQ." Dazai timidly replied.

Yuko suddenly remembered the fact that Dazai was there to take her to the Port Mafia. She did answered his questions but that doesn't mean she's also coming.

She had no business with the mafia after-all. If the government knows she went with them, surely it won't be good.

When Yuko raised her eyes, she saw the two male staring at her. Her mind immediately thought of something.

"I apologize Dazai-san, I don't think I agreed on coming."

"Oh? Why did you agreed to wait for my partner, then?" Dazai said curiously.

"Because I wanted to talk to you."

Chuuya watched the two of them; feeling out of place in the situation. He felt irritated.

He stepped up to grab Yuko's arm.

"Enough chatting, just come with us." He said while pulling Yuko.

Instead of pulling her, he got pulled back instead. He turned around, eyes narrowed after she didn't budged.

"I'm sorry but..."

With a single move, Yuko easily pulled her arm away from Chuuya.

"I'm not going." she smiled.

"Why you stubborn chick." Chuuya smiled in annoyance.

Dazai knew she wouldn't come willingly with them. But then again, how can you force a former Hunting Dog, who's ability is unknown, to come to the Port Mafia.