Beast X Dead Apple 5: Just A Dream

"I filed your absence to Haruno-san since you didn't take care of it. Your work is piling, if you don't want to work anymore just file a resignation or something." Odasaku said after we had our dinner.

I finished taking a bath and I was standing at the middle of the room, contemplating about my stupidity.

I'm back again in our apartment.

How did Odasaku found out I was in the hospital anyway?

"Yuko, are you listening?"

I raised my head to see him standing in front of me.

He looked fresh in his sweat pants and white shirt, even his hair looks good just after being dried.

Odasaku stepped closer and placed his hand on my forehead. "You don't seem to have a fever anymore." He said.

I stared at him for a moment. Seeing him close to me, I should be panicking right now, but then I wasn't.

Odasaku really is a nice man. I thought he'll shower me with preaches once we arrived, but he didn't.

"No. I'm fine." I pulled away.

"Okay." He simply replied before heading towards the study.

I was left alone...

I ran my eyes through the apartment and decided to go outside the veranda again. It's the only place where I can breathe properly.

I stared into the city lights in silence, wondering how many days it has been since I got here...

It's been four days.

Thinking about it, what's happening right now...

Everything is what Ionged before, right?

Yet, why am I like this?

Odasaku and I are acting like total strangers living inside the same house. But why do I feel I'm being too much?

Hearing the glassdoor behind me slowly opened, surprisingly, I was calm.

I didn't look back. I was too tired of myself.

Suddenly, an arm crept into my waist and hugged me from behind. Odasaku then covered my hands with his, and rested his head against mine.

It was warm.

I thought he's mad?

"Let's talk,"

"What did I do? I can't understand you..." He said.

Odasaku was hugging me tightly, burying his face on my neck while taking a deep breath. His lips was touching my skin.

I moved my head a bit after I find it ticklish.

"You're angry." He stated.

"No, I'm not."

"Then why are you avoiding me?"

I couldn't answer.

It's not like I can explain to him what's currently happening.

How will I say that I'm not from here? That I'm like this because he's supposed to be dead, and yet he's here completely alive.

Will that even make sense to him?

"Talk to me, Yuko,"

"You're driving me crazy." He groaned frustratedly and then tightened his arms.

"I'm not angry at you,"

"Even for how many different lifetimes we'll have...I won't get angry at you, Odasaku." I replied calmly.