Episode 38: Just A Bad Day

3 days earlier...

I opened my eyes and found myself in the streets of Yokohama. I knew it was the city just by its scent...a familiar scent of blood.

Literally.

I looked around and saw a lot of people hurting each other while in a daze. Their eyes were dead but they were moving like they were possessed. The city was trashed.

I knew it was a dream.

I can still remember that I just ate my lunch together with the children on our neighborhood earlier. Besides, there's no way I'll be here.

Why is the city like this anyway? Did the Port Mafia finally decided to take over?

No, this isn't the Port Mafia.

Seeing the mafia's men along with the crowd, surprisingly, they were trying to help them. The Port Mafia helping people?

Who did this then?

As I keep walking around the city, I can feel the dream getting more vivid. I can also feel my ability too, which was weird.

Abilities don't work in dreams, yet why do I have it? Is this really a dream?

I stopped into my tracks after I felt something from above. I looked at the sky and saw something falling...a person...it was a young man.

I saw him pulled his parachute but then something in the sky shot him down. He fell unconsious...

If he's going to fall from that height, he'll definitely die.

What should I do?

Should I catch him?

Can I even do that? This is a dream, what if he'll just pass through me and still end up being dead?

As the boy was getting closer, I felt something familiar. It was an ability, but then I didn't know what it was. I just know it was coming from that boy.

"Shounen!" I called.

There was something odd with his ability.

I raised my hand into the sky, towards the direction of the boy. I didn't know if it'll work but my instincts is telling me to do it.

Ability: Territory of Light

Only a few feet away from his demise, a bright blue light enveloped the boy just as he fell into the ground...only a few meters in front of me.

There was a figure of a tiger, a tiger with beautiful pair of eyes. It's not completely in its form but I can definitely tell what it was.

It was the same tiger I dreamed back then. No wonder it felt familiar.

I deactivated my ability and the bright figure turned back into the boy.

I was right. He was indeed a young man, years younger than me. He had a silver hair and a pair heterochromatic golden eyes. His arms and legs were a tiger's but he was standing upright like a human.

I see, it was his ability...

As the young man realized that he landed safely, he raised his eyes and stared into my direction. I watched him curiously.

"Who are you?" He said.

It surprised me. thought he was talking to someone else, but then I realized that he's not. His eyes were on me and those words were meant for me.