Beast X Dead Apple 1: The Alternate Universe

I couldn't breathe...

It's even hard to move...

I quickly opened my eyes and found myself underwater. It surprised me a bit that I accidentally swallowed some water after forgetting where I was.

I kicked my feet and started swimming upwards, finally filling my lungs with the oxygen I need after I got out.

My lungs were filled with water and I had to take my time in coughing them all out. My nose even hurts...it sucks.

I got in.

I've successfully crossed another dimension...a different world.

And just like the last time, I still found myself in Tsurumi River, but the only difference was that I was literally inside the river this time.

How unlucky.

I swam towards the fields and got myself up. My clothes were completely wet and my body feels like it's being pulled downwards by gravity, three times worse. Even my head feels like it's cracking up.

Crossing another universe is not a piece of cake, especially that it's not even my ability to begin with.

My body is still adjusting and so I guess this is normal?

The people I brought here were fine, I just know it. Now, I just have to wait for Dazai's signal for us to go back.

I wonder how long it's going to be?

I estimated a month-long, but considering the nature of the ability, it's possible to be lesser than that.

While I was squeezing my clothes dry, I heard someone's footsteps drawing near towards the fields. I quickly stood up and hide myself for some unknown reason.

I must be an idiot.

What am I hiding for?

"What's wrong?" I heard a voice coming from a phone call.

"Nothing. Where is her case again? I'll come to her..." A man then said.

His voice was somehow familiar but I could just be hearing things.

After I heard him leave, I stood up from the grass and dusted off the dirt. It was a miracle that my clothes aren't that dirty, just wet, though.

Speaking if clothes...

My clothes are different.

Right now, I am wearing a black tank top and a purple cardigan, partnered with an off-white pants. I still had my gloves and wore boots.

Assessing the situation...there's only two possible reason for this.

1. Crossing dimensions gives you new clothes.

2. The ability I used isn't just all about crossing. It's possible that I've joined another person's existence in this world.

But how?

It's still me, though, since I saw my reflection from earlier.

Anyway, what should I do?

Before this, Dazai mentioned that if I'm going to another dimension, I should be careful. Act normal to reduce suspicions, he said.

Since I'm the least likely to have my memories halted like the civilians because of my ability, Dazai said I should be careful.

Well, it's not like I'm going to meet any-

"Ms. Detective! Please, help me! My dad's been captured."

"They're blaming him...it's not his fault!" A boy suddenly ran down the fields and came up to me. He was crying hysterically while pointing somewhere.