Warm Fluff/ Leopold x Reader - Stormy Cuddles

A/N- I'm back.

-

Word Count: 1581

It was the middle of the night when Y/N heard the pounding thunder erupt from outside the window. When the thunder erupted, Y/N quickly woke up out of her sleep and heard the hectic rain and wind slam the window ruthlessly while thunder roared in the sky. At this, she checked the time on her clock and saw that the time was 2:39, she then stared back at the window and let out a tired sigh knowing that her boyfriend is an absolute pussy when it comes to thunderstorms and heavy rain, meaning that she would have to check on him or sleep with him until the storm stops.

The h/c haired girl then got out of her bed, tidied it, then put her red fluffy slippers on and went over to the door. Since it was early and she didn't want to wake her squadmates up, she made sure that she slowly and surely unlocked the door, and quietly tiptoed through the hallways of the base the belonged to the Crimson Lion Kings brigade, trying to head towards her boyfriends room without making a single sound from the wooden floor creaking under the dark red carpet of the hallways because of her footsteps. Y/N turned the corner quality, seeing that some of the rooms in the hallway still had their lights on, probably meaning that her teammates were woken up by the furious storm or that they were still up, doing whatever they wanted.

She walked further down the hallway, the same amount of quietness and pace while she walked down. Y/N was right around the corner, she heard footsteps walking at a quick pace towards her direction, the h/c haired girl thought of no other choice but to check who it was. When she quickly checked the corner, she saw the familiar figure of her red-haired boyfriend; Leopold. Right when she saw him, she immediately walked up to him while keeping the quick and quiet pace that she was walking with before.

"Leo, are you okay? What's wrong?" Y/N whispered as she used her left hand to check her boyfriend's temperature. Leopold's head felt strangely cold for a fire user. The green-eyed boy had a nervous but annoyed look on his face, Y/N stood back a bit and examined his expression, she had an understanding on why he had that face on but at the same time, she didn't.

"I'm scared..." Leopold quietly whined to Y/N who only gave him a tired smile because of his astraphobia which was stupid to her. Y/N wasn't really scared of anything at all, she enjoyed thunder and storms. To her, thunderstorms were her comfort weather when she was sad or wanted to sleep. The sound of rain slamming on the windows, the sound of the violent wind hastily twirling around, and the thunder that pounded was her favorite thing to hear. She only gets up when it's storming outside because of her boyfriend's fear of them.

"Okay...do you need me to stay with you until sunrise?" The said girl then sighed with the same tired expression on her face, staring at her boyfriend who was shaking and sweating from the sound of the violent wind and rain hitting the large glass windows in the hallway.

"Come on, Y/N...! You know the answer to this..." Leopold quietly whined at his girlfriend before looking at the window again to see if another flash of lightning was going to strike out again.

"Alright... let's get going to your room before the lightning strikes again." Y/N sighed and gently grabbed Leopold's right hand before they quickly ran to his room, trying not to make a sound in the empty, dark hallways of the base.

The young couple were almost there when they saw multiple flashes of lightning from outside the windows of the hall, followed by thunderous thunder that made the two feel the base was shaking and that it was going to collapse. Of course Leopold was frightened, he was about to cry and faint from the sound of the thunder. Y/N stopped Leopold from running.

"Hey... calm down... When we get to your room, you can cuddle me all you want, okay?" Y/N whispered in her boyfriend's ear gently, rubbing the back of his hand with her thumb.

"O-okay..." Leopold shakily sighed before clenching onto Y/N's hand tighter before making himself and his girlfriend run towards his room again. They have finally made it to his room before sounds of violent wind and rain slammed the windows of the base again.

The little Vermillion opened the door quietly, making sure not to make a sound since his elder siblings were right across the hall. The young couple quietly entered the room, Leopold slowly closed the door before locking it. Since Leopold's room is quite big, his windows are large; that might explain why he would be scared to hear the rain and thunder-- especially the lightning when it strikes since he has the perfect view of the sky at night.

"What are we waiting for? Let's get to sleeping before the storm gets worse..." Y/N whispered to Leopold as he quickly ran to his king sized bed, fighting the covers to hide under them. Y/N yawned as she walked towards her boyfriend's bed, joining him after she took her red slippers off.

"Do you know w-when the storm is g-going to end? It looks like it's getting worse by the minutes..." Leopold quietly stuttered with a nervous look on his face, putting the duvet over his head, sitting up while looking at Y/N as she joined him in bed. Y/N and Leopold shifted around until they got into a comfortable position that would fit the both of them perfectly. Y/N had her head laid on the large pile of pillows while Leopold laid on Y/N's plumed chest. Every time there was a storm, Leopold would lay on Y/N's chest, the sound of her heartbeats soothed him and calmed him down. It would make the boy think that the storm was gone and that all that was there was Y/N and only Y/N.

"I don't know... but I did hear on my mission today by a farmer that the storm was supposed to get stronger and more dangerous overnight and then there will be flash flooding by daytime... I think it's getting worse as I speak..." The h/c-haired girl spoke gently while running her hands through her boyfriend's hair. Leopold flinched at her words, he didn't want the storm to go on, but Y/N wanted it to. She adored it every time she saw violent winds, heavy rain slamming onto the windows, and the lightning and thunder do it's work. It made her happy because she hated seeing the sun.

Even though Leopold was scared and Y/N wasn't, Y/N was there to comfort the red-haired boy because of his horrible case of his astrophobia. The way her fingers went through his soft, spiky hair made him want to melt and submit himself to her, the way her fingers glided across his back when he needed comfort when he felt restless made him embrace her with his callous hands, and the way her voice entranced him when she hummed a silvery tune made him want sleep in her hands forever, making sure the storm didn't scare him at that moment.

"Oh my God... that's the worst thing ever... I hate storms..." Leopold groaned into his girlfriends chest as he pulled the covers over his and Y/N's head, not wanting to hear nor see the rain at that moment. Y/N let out that same tired smile at her boyfriend because of his scaredy-cat antics. She took the covers off of her and put on top of Leopold only.

"I want to watch the storm, this type of weather is a personal favorite of mine." Y/N giggled, ruffling her boyfriend's hair again.

"Hmm... whatever..." Leopold muttered, shifting a bit as he let out a yawn of sleepiness.

Y/N did nothing but watched and felt her boyfriend fall asleep on her chest. When she first met Leopold, she thought that he was a brave magic knight who wasn't afraid of anything and would do anything to become the Wizard King. Y/N had no idea in her mind that a storm could scare this little lion cub into absolute fear. It's not like a storm would instantly kill you- well yes-- it could but only if you are careless enough to stand outside where lighting could easily strike you.

You just have to be careful not to stand in the middle of its rage while it's raging.

Y/N looked up at the black sky, it's rain droplets still slamming onto the windows, making its loud sound still, the wind making the branches from trees slaps and slamming the glass, and a multiple strikes of lightning popping out, flowing the trace before dying out which was soon followed by booming thunder making the winds and rain worse for Leopold but not worse for Y/N.

Y/N let out a yawn before feeling her eyes giving in to her need of sleep, she then laid down properly, holding her now sleeping boyfriend tighter into her embrace.

"Goodnight, Leopold. Don't let the storms scare you next time."