Yuno SS/ Surprise Celebration

Word Count: 1358

-

It was around 9 o'clock when Yuno had just finished taking a nap from the mission he was on earlier. He's been stressing himself out by taking 5 missions in a row today. When he woke up this morning, he was reminded that today was October 4th, which was the day he was founded at the church. Ever since he joined the magic knights, he had no intention of celebrating today since it wasn't his actual birthday and was only the day that Father discovered Asta and him. He only intended to have his day go on as usual like nothing happened.

It's not his actual birthday, October 4th wasn't the exact date he was born so why bother celebrating or do something special when he can go on a lot of missions and take a nap?

It's not like he cared or anything.

The 17 year old boy gets out from the covers, then stands up to give himself a little stretch with a groan added. A tall boy like him needs to stretch after taking a nap, he also hates the sounds of his bones cracking.

He puts on his boots and takes off his cape and robe and opens his door and starts heading to the mess hall where he thought he was going to have dinner and call it a night.

He starts to think otherwise when he hears the hallways of the chambers are dead silent and no one is there. He doesn't even see Klaus nor Mimosa waiting for him so the 3 can eat together. Yuno then raises an eyebrow at this, seeing how strange it is to see the hallways of the Golden Dawn headquarters be so damn empty. Yuno could even hear his own thoughts right in front of him.

Where did everyone go? The amber-eyed boy thought to himself, before taking one good look again to see if his eyes weren't playing tricks on him to still see that no one is there, once again.

That's strange, maybe they went to go eat out with each other. Klaus and Mimosa are probably at the mess hall. Yuno thought, starting to walk down the hall. There was still no one in his vision and the dead silence just lingered there in the atmosphere, it was so silent that he felt like his ears wanted to close up on him. Yes, there were days when his squadmates were lazy and just slept but this silent vibe was quite weird to say the least.

He continued walking down the hallways, still seeing that none of his squadmates were there until he was at the door of the mess hall.

Yeah... I don't where they are so I'm going to too much about-

"Happy birthday, vice-captain Yuno!"

Was what Yuno heard when he entered the mess hall of the Golden Dawn headquarters. His eyes widened as he saw his fellow squadmates smile, cheesing, and waving at him with pure energy as he just stood there like he had just seen a ghost jumpscare him.

He looked shocked as a motherfucker.

It's quite a strange and surprising site for Yuno to see his squadmates doing something so special for him this time. It was just last year when they were at his neck for being a commoner, having such strong magic and raising high in the ranks. But now, since he's vice-captain and all, they want to treat him like he's a prince, like he's a part of the group that they considered family.

It's really quite funny how nobles treat commoners. Noble must feel some type of envy to accept them, it's even hard for them to admit that.

As Yuno stood there with the same blank, shocked, confused expression on his face, a chuckle escaped from the crowd of Golden Dawn's magic knights. The chuckle came from a girl called Y/N who set this whole little party up.

"Aww! Look at him, he's blushing! He's embarrassed!" Y/N laughed loudly, pointing a finger at Yuno who was blinking rapidly with a small blush on his face, probably meaning that he was flustered.

"I'm not embarrassed." Yuno said in a dead tone, looking away from squadmates who were laughing and chuckling at his flustered face. Y/N gave Yuno a cheesing smirk, trying to joke with him a bit more.

"Yes you are."

"I'm not."

"UhM... YeS yOu ArE."

"No. I. am. Not."

"Y/N, relax. Now let's just let him enjoy his birthday celebration. He deserves it, he's worked hard over the past year." William added.

"Alright... I'll stop messing with him..." Y/N sighed, slouching a bit.

"Umm... Thank you, everyone... I really appreciate it." Yuno muttered, still looking away from his squadmates. His dear friend, Y/N did nothing but give him a small smile, knowing that giving him a birthday celebration for Yuno would make him quite flustered.

"Now let's celebrate before midnight."

...

"Man, that food was absolutely tantalizing! Whoever was cooking didn't need to go off and snap like that." Y/N groaned, rubbing her full stomach as her childhood friend watched her with a small smile and curiosity.

The hours have passed since Yuno's squadmates surprised him with multiple gifts, words of encouragement and pure entertainment. There will not be a snowball's chance in hell that Yuno will forget this night. He will never forget the fact that his squadmates went out of their way to give him gifts, actually speak to him about something good and encouraging for him, actually making him feel welcomed.

He couldn't even admit that he loves and appreciates his squadmates so much since he doesn't want to break his character. But, they know deep down that he appreciates them, they know him deep down sometimes.

The black-haired boy then gets up from his seat, leaving a sleeping Mimosa and Klaus, and a sleepy Y/N alone at the table. The rest of the Golden Dawn headed back to their rooms or also fell asleep from the filling food. Yuno headed out from the mess hall doors, went towards the nearest window so he could fly out and head to the door of the headquarters.

Once he landed on the headquarters roof, he quietly sat down with his legs crossed, his face leaning on his right hand.

A small gust of wind howled quietly, moving past Yuno as the trees swayed gently, making the wind gust sound like a small whistle. It was like music to Yuno's ears, hearing some precious and lovely sounds of nature by himself once in a while.

Everytime Yuno gets to be alone, he always sits down by himself and himself alone, not having anything or anyone bother him. Not even Bell since she could be a little bitch sometimes and ruin his time alone.

The small, gusts and gales of wind left the area as it was Yuno by himself. All alone. It was so quiet that Yuno's mind began to go down the memory lane on how far he's come, it made his heart drop to his stomach.

The raven-haired boy thought about how far he had come. He went from becoming the most envied and hated person in his squad, to becoming the vice-captain in under a year. Him improving as inspired most of his squadmates to become stronger- especially his senior, Klaus.

"I've actually made it this far, and I'm only 17..." Yuno muttered to himself, his face turned into a look of realization on how far he's become. It made him want to tear up a little on how hard he's worked and what he went through.

The amber-eyed boy smiled to himself, a small, almost unnoticeable little tear left his eye.

He then thinks of how much further he's going to go in the future. Not realizing how much bloodshed, loss, pain, agony, and more plot twists will come his way.

His wish to beat Asta to becoming the Wizard King might just change.

But Yuno doesn't think of that, he's more focused on the moment.

"Don't worry Asta. I will beat you on becoming the Wizard King."

-

Happy birthday, Yuno. :)