Asta x Preg!Reader - Worries

A/N- I apologize for taking so long to update any of my books, I've been on writers block for about 2 months and I have not been motivated or able to write anything. I've also come down with a cold which makes my thoughts a bit weaker and more forgetful. But I'm back now. :)

Follow me on Spotify @/ololadays for playlists for my books!

This is also kindly dedicated to ASTA-IS-DEAD

Word Count- 1729

-

The usual, cold, wet, white snow fell on the tip of my nose right when I looked up at the dead, dark sky which did nothing but made endless amounts of frozen ice fall onto the ground and my coat that covered the rest of my clothes along with my impregnated body. It was ruthlessly freezing cold, my body felt like it wanted to break down every time I moved a step in the thick snow. I kept my hands in my pockets because I knew the moment I'd let my hands be exposed to this weather, they'd only be numb and useless when I needed to make a call.

I know my fiancée is either still playing Ghost of Tsushima, Resident Evil 3 remake, or Apex Legends with his step-brother to which he is probably raging at because he is not that good at first person shooter games. He's better off still playing fortnite at his big age which is really sad to say. I still love him though, I just wish he would spend more time with me, especially when I'm sad. That would be really nice.

Ever since I started this accidental pregnancy, Asta has been very distant towards me, it's like he's scared of me, or that he's nervous to talk to me. Everytime he would see my bloated, round stomach, he would freeze as if he was nervous or just stare at it in fear. I mean, it's been 3 months since I've started developing but, shouldn't he be used to it already? He told me not to end the pregnancy because he was ready and will do whatever it takes to the best father he could but if that's the case, why does he act all hostile every time he's seen my stomach? Not once has he ever rubbed it, kissed, it or even spoken to it. Does it really take that much time to process that your fiancé is pregnant with your child?

I've been thinking for a couple of days that it's even cut into my diet and mental health, making me more confused and needy of this situation. It's like I can't even tell if I'm overeating or it's my hormones making me over think like this.

Wait. What was I outside in this freezing cold weather for again? Oh, that's right. I was supposed to buy some snacks that Asta and I wanted. At least the corner store is right in front of me. I was in such a deep state of thought I wasn't even looking up. Silly me.

...

5 bags of Hot cheetos, 4 packs of sugar cookies, 20 bars of kinder chocolates, 6 packs of Cadbury chocolates, 2 jars of Nutella, 120 Freddo Chocolates, 6 packs of Battenberg cakes, and even more snacks that I'm carrying in this big ass bag.

When I left the store, I was brutally greeted with the familiar feeling of the cold gust of wind along with the snow hitting my face, causing me to cough a bit. The distance between the store and our home wasn't a short one but, it definitely wasn't a long one, it would usually take me about 10 minutes to get home but with this snow it would probably take double the amount. Not that I mind or anything, it's not like Asta's waiting for my return or that he cares. And it definitely doesn't seem like he cares that this pregnant fiancé is out in a blizzard buying snacks for him and herself. The only thing my ash-blonde husband probably cares about is his game he's playing or whatever he's fixated on.