SS/ Nozel - Who Knows?

Word Count: 1111

-

The captain of the Silver Eagles was in his room, doing nothing but doing paperwork, and other small tasks that didn't require him to go anywhere. Things have been quite different for him for about seven weeks. Nozel has been through a lot, and when I say a lot, I mean a lot.

To get past those thoughts and the weeks of pain, agony, and anger, he's been suffocating himself with crazy amounts of work and less amounts of break times. Keeping himself occupied is probably the best way for him to grieve and cope after he lost the love of his life.

"What time is it? I should really be going to sleep right now." Nozel said to himself quietly, rubbing his eyes, feeling the heavy bags under them. Losing someone that you loved the most could have a very heavy toll on you, it's happening to Nozel. Ever since she passed away, Nozel's nights have been very different.

There were no more long showers together, there was no more discussing new plans, missions, loving conversations about life almost every night, there were no more cuddling with their daughter together every night, and there was no more love every night. There was nothing every night. Nothing. Just emptiness and severe amounts of heartbreak that progressed throughout the nights she was gone.

It's hurting him. It's shattering his soul into little small pieces day by day.

And how will he tell his daughter that she's gone when she gets older? He can't keep saying that she's somewhere safe and that she's on her way to heaven and that she comes back one day.

Because the reason why she's gone is because she was brutally killed, protecting her daughter. Unfortunately, Nozel was too late, he came to see his 4 year old daughter knocked out on the ground, while his wife's body was exposed, endless amounts of blood on the ground but a sweet smile was carefully plastered across her lips.

Nozel didn't even get to hear her last words.

"Oh. It's 23:55, I should really be getting some sleep right now. I have a busy day tomorrow. Too bad I have no one to calm me down and massage my back anymore..." Nozel muttered to himself, closing his book before getting up, doing a small stretch after.

When she was still alive, she would do everything in her power to make sure that Nozel didn't feel overworked, too tired, stressed, and angry. She would often sing him lullabies and tell him short stories that would send him right to sleep, peacefully. Nozel always felt safe in her arms, there was nothing that would've worried him when she was taking care of him. Their daughter would come into their room when she was scared or when she had a nightmare, and Y/N was the one who would always comfort her and sing her to sleep, regardless if it was in her own bed or the bed she shared with her husband.

Now, Nozel has to do that all by himself. And I will say that he is not good at it since he isn't really the comforter.

Nozel was about to head to sleep before he heard a small knock at the door.

"Who is it?" Nozel asked the mysterious person.

"Daddy, are you there?"

Nozel's eyes automatically widened as he heard the sound of his 4 year old daughter's voice and quickly headed to his bedroom door to open it.

"Of course I am, sweetheart. What's the matter?" He asked his daughter to see her wearing a light purple nightgown with a stuffed rabbit in her arms as she clenched it tightly, looking up at him.

"I-I... had a nightmare... Can I sleep with you? I feel lonely..." Harmony quietly asked, giving her father sad puppy eyes.

Nozel let out a heavy sigh before lifting up Harmony to carry her, closing the door to his bedroom after.

"Do you want to talk about it, sweetheart? I might be able to scare those horrible nightmares away." Nozel jokes, pulling the comforter down so that him and his daughter could lay down and sleep.

"I don't wanna talk about it... it's so so stupid to talk about and I don't think you would want to waste your time fighting the stupid monsters." Harmony said to her father, clenching onto him as they laid on the bed.

"Oh... they aren't worth my time? Are they weak wolves or idiotic bandits?" Nozel replied to Harmony, adjusting the pillows so she lay down right.

"I don't know... they looked like scary demons, the ones that mommy protected me from my other nightmare.

Ouch.

Nozel's heart jabbed at his daughter's words, he never thought that Harmony would even mention his wife again since Harmony was unconscious when that whole thing happened. Harmony still doesn't even know that Y/N is dead because Nozel keeps making up the excuse that Y/N "Is taking a long journey to heaven".

"The demons? Did they... try to hurt you?" Nozel let out a shaky breath, laying on the bed and he held his only daughter tightly in his arms, tears threatening to come out of his eyes as he tried not to remember that horrible night.

"No... but they were about to." Harmony sleepily responded, hugging her father back.

There was just a moment of silence as the father and daughter embraced each other, not saying a word as they attempted to fall asleep. They knew something was wrong because a trusted loved one was supposed to embrace them as well as she sang them a peaceful lullaby. Too bad she is still on the staircase to heaven and has absolutely no plans returning back to them, leaving them alone to miss her presence.

"Daddy?" Harmony spoke up.

"Yes, my love?" Nozel replied, still trying not to pour out tears because of how much heartbreak he was feeling. His body was shaking as he held his daughter tight, afraid he was going to lose her as well.

"Do you know when mommys coming back from heaven? Do you know how long the journey will be?"

The silver-haired father completely froze. Unable to say a word. He didn't want to lie to his daughter again, but he didn't want to ruin her childhood either. It was hard for him to answer this, knowing that deep down he's absolutely afraid to tell his daughter the truth.

"Mommy told me that she will be back soon, there is nothing to worry about." Nozel remained calm, whispering those words to his daughter.

"Okay... I'll be waiting for her, no matter how long it will take." Harmony yawned before finally falling asleep.

Nozel felt a teardrop leave his left eye, knowing that his daughter will be waiting a very long time to see her mother again.