✨"We say very little, for we do not need to. We are silent together, each in her own world, knowing the other is just at her back." - Tracy Chevalier✨

✨"우리는 말할 필요가 없기 때문에 거의 말하지 않습니다. 서로가 그녀의 뒤에 있다는 것을 알기 때문에 우리는 서로 침묵하고 있습니다.” - 트레이시 슈발리에✨

|Chapter 36:"Cakes and busses."|

Jungkook watches you enter your apartment from the corner. Even if you went far away from him, he knows the adress. Because he lives right beside.

"Hmph chipmunk, to think you can escape me." He says with a sarcastic smile and twists the handle of his own room. He's definately not used to living in such a small space- this apartment which has two rooms and a bathroom is as big as only his room in his Seoul house.

Some sacrifices have to be made.

"She loves sweets, right?" He questions, looking at his fridge and an idea popping in his head. "Why not give her a present then?"

Leaving his backpack on the side, Jungkook goes to his kitchen and looks for ingredients.

Why not make a cake? But at that moment he realises- he never made a cake.

That's where Google comes to save the day. Jungkook takes his tablet and types 'how to make a cake'. Millions of sites appear on the screen and he clicks on one that seems the easiest.

Eggs, flour, water, whipped cream, sugar, strawberries...

"Oh wait, strawberries? Where did they come from?"

Looking at every jar and bag in the kitchen, there are no signs of strawberries visible.

Boy sighs. "I'll have to make it without them then."

And he has all night ahead to do that.

( ╹▽╹ )

It's that time of the day again and, as always, that annoying alarm sound is heard coming from Jungkook's phone. He groans in a raspy morning voice as he turns it off and sits on the bed, eyes  more closed than actually open.

As expected, he fell asleep on the couch in the living room, being too tired to go to his bedroom after spending hours on the cake.

Ignoring the fact the kitchen got almost burnt and that it looks like a bomb of flour fell on it, it turned out pretty good.

Little orange cake with biscuits inside instead of strawberries, is now proudly standing on the counter. For the first time, it's not bad at all.

Jungkook fell asleep before he managed to clean the kitchen. But now is not the time for that, but for school. Cleaning will have to wait.

It's smarter if he doesn't bring the cake to school, right? He will wait when you go to work and will leave it in front of the door.

How romantic.

(๑˙❥˙๑)

"There she is!"