✨"If something burns your soul with passion and desire, it's your duty to be reduced to ashes by it.  Any other form of existence will be yet another dull book in the library of life.✨

|Chapter 48:"Secrets revealed."|

Jungkook spended a drive back home in utter silence. What he planned to be a birthday date, turned into something he wishes he didn't even wake up for.

Entering his house, some voices and laughs coming from the living room catch his attention. One laugh sticks out. Very old, raspy and definately not a smooth one. Laugh he didn't hear in a long time.

"Grandpa?" He calls out and the men instantly turns his head.

"There he is, my precious grandson!" He stands up and opens his arms to hug the boy.

Jungkook forces himself to smile. He doesn't want to worry his favorite family member. "What brings you here?" He asks, pulling away from the hug. He pretends like his other grandfather, dad, stepmother and stepbrother aren't even there.

Man takes a seat again and Jungkook sits on the edge of the couch.

"Dummy, forgot that today's your birthday? I wanted to surprise you!" He answers cheerfully.

"Yeah, sorry.. my memory isn't that great these days."

"It has never been, honestly." Man admits.

The oldest clears his throat and Jungkook clenches his jaw, shooting an angry glare to his other grandfather.

"Mr. Lee, I believe you didn't just come for him to wish a happy birthday, am I right?"

Mr. Lee moves around in his seat and Jungkook looks at him, slightly confused.

"Well, I, uh.. I came for another reason, yeah." He speaks. "Jungkook, would you like to come and live with me?"

Boy raises his eyebrows in surprise. "Why's that all of a sudden..?"

"Oh, I just thought you would like to move in with your real family."

Hold on. What does he mean by 'real family'?

Mr. Jeon's eyes widen and he starts looking nervously. His wife grabs his upper arm in intention to calm him down a bit. Namjoon is as confused as Jungkook is, while the oldest in there looks unbothered.

Mr. Lee looks around him, realising the meaning behind everyone's sudden change of behaviour. "You.. didn't tell him?"

"Tell me what?" Jungkook shoots up from the couch. Namjoon silently observes the situation from the far corner.

"Sit down, young man." Mr. Jeon orders and Jungkook clenches his jaw once again before following the order.
"Son? He's waiting for the explanation."

Jungkook's father runs his fingers through his hair to calm his nerves. He didn't plan on revealing a secret which's been kept in their house for so long anytime soon. But now's no going back, is it?

"Listen, Jungkook.. your mom and I.." he struggles on getting any words out. "Our marriage.. was for our company's sake.."