💭

"By nothing do men show their true character more than by the things they laugh at." 💭

|Chapter 49:"In the darkest times."|

Ever since since this morning, you closed yourself in the room and didn't go out. Just sat on the window and stared through, at the tiny people who  walked by and kids who played in front of your building.

And you thought about what you should do in this situation. Things keep pulling you and Jungkook apart. Is your love strong enough to beat it all?

After hitting your head about it countlessly, you braced yourself and decided to listen to your heart. Heart are always right.

Jumping away from the window, you attend to exit your room, when your phone buzzes with a text.

Jimin 👽:

>Jungkook..

Guess that was universe sending you the final guess. Jimin is an universe.

"Where is he?" You approach two boys who are standing in front of their office.

"Inside." Jimin points to their office with his head.

You hurriedly walk inside, and your heart breaks at the sight. Jungkook, all sweaty and exausted, weakly hits the punching bag and looks like he's about to pass out any second.

Cracking his neck, he switches his head to the side and that's when he notices you standing there. His eyes go slightly wide and he lets his arms fall to the side.

"I couldn't leave you." You speak, shrugging softly. "I just.. can't."

Boy's features go softer and finally a smile rises upon his lips. Seems like that was the only thing he needed to hear. He gives you one of his bunny smiles as he starts walking towards you.

Just two steps away, his expression suddenly sinks and he loses balance, falling straightforward. Luckly, you manage to crunch down and catch him right before he hits the ground.

"Easy there." You say, gently placing his head down on the floor before you stand up, grab a tissue out from your pocket and wet it with a water from someone's glass.

Coming back to his side, you sit and take Jungkook's head, placing it on your lap. He isn't uncounsious, just overworked so he takes his time in breathing deeply.

You take a wet tissue and softly tap his face and neck with it, attending to calm him down at least a little.

He opens his eyes and smiles upon looking at you. "Thanks for.. coming.. back." He says between his breaths.

"Always Jungkook. Always." You respond. "But I do not wish to come back to this, you know.."

"I know. Just letting some frustration out." He reveals.

"Wanna talk about it?"

His eyes drift away from your eyes and up to the ceiling, his thoughts seeming to be all over the place.