chapter 24

Ian's POV

Am so pissed at Moon, who was that guy he was talking to earlier. He said he was his friend but the way that man looked at him wasn't friendly at all. There is something between them. Moon had an angry expression on his face when he talked to him. They are even going to lunch together, that pissed me the most.

How can he accept to go have lunch with him when am right here. It's like a date and he gladly accepted. I than remembered the dream and wondered whether that guy is taking him away from me. I know what your thinking all but can you blame me,I  like him for myself that's why I want to make things clear between me and Monica.

That's why am talking to James about the secret I have kept for so long because I want to be with Moon, am doing this because of Moon and seeing him with another man makes me wonder if it's worth risking my life. But my heart says that it's worth so am gonna follow my heart for the first time in years.

" What's wrong Ian" James asked smiling at me. I shook my head shrugging my shoulders,I don't want to talk about it.

" Nothing" he looked at me his eyes telling me that he doesn't believe me.  I sighed giving up " okay okay it's Moon" I said putting both my hands on my dusk.

" What about him"

" I found him with this guy in the morning and he told me that he was his friend but I don't believe him" James burst out laughing. I glared at him taking deep breaths calming myself down.

" Where they doing anything" James asked and I shook my head no " don't tell me that your jealous" he laughed again rolling my eyes at him thinking of ways to kill him.

" Am not, it's just that I got a bad feeling about the guy" I searched for the file I wanted to show him " here before you read it let me first tell you about it" I said seriously.

" What is it Ian " James sat straight focusing at me.

" Levi Gonzalez is a mafia boss who threatened to kill me if I....." I trailed off not knowing  how to tell him. James is going to be upset about this but if I want Monica out of my life he's the right person to talk to.

" Is Monica and him related" James asked passing through the papers I have given him. My heart is beating rapidly, how can I tell him about what Levi has done to him.

" Yes" I replied pulling on my fingers, I feel guilty for what Levi did and it's all my fault.

" He threatened to kill you if what Ian" James demanded looking at me intently. I looked down at my fingers,where can I start from.

" Remember the day I caught Monica cheating on" he nodded " actually I broke up with her instantly"

" But you told us that she apologized and forgive her, what happened tell me everything"

" When I left her that day she went to her brother and told him about it" I sighed remembering that day " she told him that it was my fault she cheated on me so he told me to take her back but you know how I feel about cheaters so I refused that's when ...." I stuttered

" Continue tell me" James gestured me to continue he doesn't know what is coming.

" Am sorry I didn't tell you about it but when I refused that's when you got the accident" I looked at James and his eyes where full of confusion " it wasn't just an accident James it was planned"

" And you never bothered to tell me"

" I wanted to protect you" I said passing a hand through my hair " we where at the hospital when Levi called me and told me that he did it. If I don't take Monica back he will come and finish you" I gripped my hair tightly because am a coward how can I let that happen.