Chapter 4: Periplanómenos

The days passed into weeks, the weeks into months, and the months into years. Periplanómenos sat on a log somewhere along the western edge of Yellowstone. It had been nearly two years since he had been forced to leave his own life behind and adopt one of solitude. Unfortunately, being alone gives you a lot of time to dwell on the past. Periplanómenos had grown distant, and cold. He didn't care about anything or anyone, not anymore, not since that fateful day. Well, that's not quite true. There were some that he still cared about, and some that he held respect towards. As he watched the sun set between the trees Periplanómenos thought back to the day when the hunting started.

It was the middle of the night when a light started growing in the tent. As he watched the light grow into a rainbow an Iris Message materialized in front of him.

"Percy!" a shadowed figure exclaimed. "How are you? Where are you?"

Percy rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "Oh, hey Magic Hands. Is Sun Boy with you?"

"He's watching the door."

"Hi Percy!" a voice called in the distance.

"Anyways. Percy, you need to move." Hannah informed. "The council just held a vote to have Lady Artemis and the Hunters to hunt you down and bring you before the council."

"Don't they think I'm dead?" asked Percy, extremely confused.

"Well, not you specifically," said Jacob as he walked into view. "She's supposed to be hunting Periplanómenos."

"How long ago was this?"

"Maybe thirty minutes," Hannah guessed. "This is the first chance we had to get away from everyone."

Percy was now rushing to pack up everything in the tent. "Thanks guys, I'll talk to you later." With a swipe of his hand the message disappeared.

Once everything was packed Percy folded up his tent. Luckily, it was enchanted in a way that was similar to the Hunters, so it folded up to about the size of a book.

Percy was shaken from his memory by a scream not too far from where he was. Young girl by the sound of it. Making his way in the direction that he believed the scream had come from he started to hear a man's voice.

"You are worthless!" the voice screamed. "Even your own father took one look at you and decided that you weren't worth his time!"

Through a break in the trees Percy could finally see what was going on. A man - who kinda reminded him of Smelly Gabe - was standing over a girl who was laying on the ground, trying her best to get away.

"Please, no," the girl whimpered.

Percy's blood boiled. He absolutely hated men like this, nobody deserves to be treated this way. "Hey!" Percy yelled as he stormed out of the trees. "Leave her alone!"

"Stay out of this boy, this is a family matter."

"Well, if this is a family matter, then why are you here?"

"I am her father!" The jerk roared.

"That's not what I heard," Percy said, grinning.

Forgetting about the girl for a moment the man stalked towards Percy. "Someone needs to teach you a lesson in manners, boy."

Percy merely stood, and waited as the man came towards him. As the jerk came closer he threw a ouch right at Percy, but it was no use. Percy grabbed his arm, and performed a judo flip. As the man lay on the ground groaning he swept his leg out to trip Percy, only to have him hop over it.