Chapter 23: Plans

The Hunt had been at Camp Half-Blood for a few days now, and the weekend was fast approaching. Hazel and Frank had arrived the day after the Hunters on Arion, Nico had shadow traveled in the day before to spend time with his sister and cousins, while Leo and Calypso were due to arrive sometime that day. For now, Nico had been letting everyone stay in the Hades cabin, but there was talk of building a more permanent structure once Leo arrived. Percy was taking a morning stroll along the edge of the forest, reminiscing about the games played inside. He was just thinking about his first ever Capture the Flag game when a certain someone strode up to him. "What do you want?" Percy growled.

"To try and convince you," Annabeth said while lightly touching his arm and biting her lip.

"Of what?" he said coldly while brushing her off.

"I am the hero, you must see that," she said. "There are no other possible options."

Percy had started walking away, but turned around when she said that. "I look around, and I see many heroes," he snapped. "You may have been on quests, but it was never your own."

"Then who are the other renowned heroes?" Annabeth asked smugly.

"Thalia Grace," he replied. "She is essentially a living legend. A hero widely known and greatly renowned. Nico Di' Angelo, he aided in returning the Athena Parthenos and was a savior at the Battle of Manhattan. While not as widely renowned, still a great hero. Clarisse LaRue, she recovered the Golden Fleece and defeated the Drakon at the Battle of Manhattan. Any of the seven would also do, for they did many things on their quests," Percy stated. Annabeth's smug look started to fade, but grew back when he mentioned the seven. "Do not get your hopes up," Percy glared from behind the sunglasses. "I highly doubt you are the hero, your pride has blinded you." Having said his piece, Percy turned on his heel and stalked away.

Annabeth stood there, fuming. How dare Periplanómenos defy her, after all she's done. Oh, he'd be sorry, she'd show him.

#      #      #

It was mid-morning by the time Leo arrived. He landed Festus softly at the edge of the cabins, and his friends rushed over to greet him. The rest of the camp avoided him, remembering what had happened last time Festus had been there.

"Repair Boy!" Percy called, pulling his friend into a bro hug.

"Hey man, good to see ya!" Leo then frowned as he looked around. "I wish we didn't have to meet here of all places though."

"Ya, but Annabeth and her minions leave us alone. For the most part."

"Is that Leo McShizzle, Bad-Boy Supreme?" Jacob exclaimed while he walked up. Hannah shook her heard from beside him, embarrassed for the both of them.

"Oh gods, please don't encourage him," Calypso muttered.

"You know it!" Leo exclaimed, doing a fist-bump with Jacob. He then snapped his fingers and pointed at him. "Oh, I just remembered! I got the things you asked for!" Leo whistled, and a hatch on the side of Festus opened up. A large burlap sack launched out, and landed on the ground at Jacob's feet with a large metallic clatter.

"Thanks man," Jacob grinned. "This will be useful tomorrow night."

"No problem! Oh, and Percy, I got something you might like', Leo said as he reached into the open hatch and pulled out what looked like a sheath. "For Riptide," Leo explained. "This way you can use your sword without suspicion. Nobody expects a legendary sword like that to be hiding in plain sight," he finished with a wink.

"Awesome, thanks! You're the bomb, Leo!" Percy exclaimed as he took the sheath, immediately strapping it to his left waist and sliding Riptide in.