Chapter 26: The King

"Nice to meet you Kate," Percy said kindly. "My name is Periplanómenos."

She knit her eyebrows. "What kind of name is that?"

"Um, well, uh, I don't really like people to know who I really am."

"Smooth," Thalia giggled.

Percy looked up at Thalia, only to see the satyr standing next to her. His eyes were narrowed, and was studying Percy's face. That was when he realized that he didn't have his sunglasses on. "P-percy?" the satyr stuttered.

A flash of recognition went across Percy's face upon hearing the voice, how could he have forgotten one of his best friend's faces. "G-Man!" Percy exclaimed as he jumped up and pulled him into a hug. "What are you doing here?" Percy asked once they broke their hug.

"Well, I was just going around the Wild like a do, but I came across this young one in North Carolina. Her scent is strong, I couldn't just leave her!" Grover explained

"Wait, I don't smell that bad!" Kate exclaimed, causing everyone to suppress a laugh.

Thalia crouched down next to the girl. "I'm Thalia," she gently said. "What Grover means is that you're a Half-Blood, like us," she explained as she gestured to Percy and herself. "And monsters are able to smell the godly part of us."

"Half-what?" Kate questioned.

"Half mortal and half god," Percy explained, causing Kate to just look even more confused. So, he explained about how the Greek, and Roman, gods were real and still out having kids with the mortals.

"So. . . my dad is a god?" Kate asked once Percy had finished explaining.

"Yep," Thalia said. "Poseidon if I had to guess,"

"Wait, is he my. . . brother?" Kate said, pointing to Percy. "I mean, he looks exactly like me.

"Well, I'd say you look like me," Percy replied with a wink. "But yes, if Poseidon is your dad that makes you my little sister. By the way, how old are you?"

"Oh, I'm eight!" Kate said cheerfully.

"I hate to break up this family reunion," Thalia said as she noted that the sun was almost down. "But we should get her to Chiron."

Percy agreed as Grover tried to leave. "Come one G-Man, you're staying with me."

"But-" Grover started.

"No buts!" Percy interrupted. "We need to talk, and I know some people who will be happy to see you." Percy then grabbed Grover's arm to drag him towards the cabins as Thalia grabbed Kate's hand to take her to the big house.

"Wait, big brother!" Kate protested. "Where are you going?"

"Oh, um, Chiron doesn't know who I really am," Percy explained. "Only a few people do, and I'd like to keep it that way. So, remember to call me Periplanómenos, not Percy, okay?"

"Okay," Kate replied.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Percy grinned as he ruffled her hair before parting ways. "Hey guys," Percy said once he had entered the Hades cabin. "I have someone here who wants to see you." They all looked at him curiously as Percy threw open the door, revealing a satyr on the other side.

"Grover?" Jacob questioned after he had studied the Satyr for a few seconds.

"Hey, Jake," Grover replied, giving a small wave.

"Dude, it's good to see you!" Jacob exclaimed, pulling his friend into a bro hug. The guys spent the rest of the night catching up, and introducing Grover to Frank and Leo.