Chapter 6: . . . Has Been Found

"We need to report back to Lady Artemis," Thalia ordered.

"But what about Periplanómenos?" another Hunter questioned.

Thalia sighed. "As much as I would love to keep chasing him Atalanta, we need to go back. Clara could be injured and the Hunt needs to know that he is more dangerous than we thought."

The other hunters grumbled in agreement. As much as they hated it, she was right.

Upon returning to the Hunter's camp Thalia headed straight for the tent of Lady Artemis. "M'Lady," Thalia called from outside. "We have returned."

"Enter," Artemis responded. Once again, Thalia found Artemis sitting on the floor amongst her many animal skins in the form of a younger girl. "I hope you have brought good news, my lieutenant."

Thalia sat across from Artemis. "Not exactly," she said, unable to meet Artemis' eyes.

"Oh?" Artemis questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Periplanómenos . . . escaped," Thalia hesitantly stated.

Artemis sighed, "I expected as much. Please, tell me your tale."

So, Thalia did. She explained the skill in combat, the water, and finally, the mini earthquake. "I haven't seen power like this since- since Percy," Thalia choked out. "If he wasn't dead. . ," she trailed off.

"You would think he was alive?" Artemis finished.

Thalia nodded as tears filled her eyes. "There's no way that he's alive, right. Hades, his. . . murderer even confessed to killing him."

Artemis looked away, guilt filling her eyes.

"My lady, is there something you're not telling me about Percy?"

Artemis looked down, suddenly taking a great interest in the furs in front of her.

"Is he alive?" Thalia pressed.

"Thalia. . ." Artemis softly replied.

"Is he alive?" Thalia roared as she jumped to her feet.

Artemis nodded slightly.

"How long have you known?" Thalia whispered as she plopped back down across from Artemis.

"Since the Winter Solstice meeting when he was declared dead," Artemis whispered.

Thalia just stared at her for a moment. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"It was for the best," Artemis said as she placed her hand on Thalia's knee. "It would have been obvious if you knew he was alive, no one could have faked the grief you have expressed these last couple of years."

Thalia nodded in acceptance. "Who else knows?"

"Not many. I only know of myself, Apollo, Hades, and the two demigods that faked his death. I believe you know them, Jacob, Son of Apollo and Hannah, Daughter of Hecate. If what my brother has told me is true, those two are the ones that helped him escape from the wrath of the campers in the first place," Artemis explained.

Thalia sat there in shock. Percy was alive, and she had treated two of her friends like monsters the last couple of years. "That's why you haven't been actively hunting Periplanómenos," Thalia realized. "You knew that he was Percy."

Artemis nodded. "I expect this to stay between us, for the time being," Artemis ordered as she stood up.

Thalia stood up as well, knowing that it was time to take her leave. "Of course, M'Lady," she said as she walked toward the entrance. Turning around before exiting Thalia said softly, "Thank you," before exiting. "Percy's alive," Thalia whispered as she stood outside Lady Artemis' tent, a smile tugging at her lips.