Chapter 33: Time Alone

A group of two dozen demigods from the Ares, Apollo, and Athena cabins was somewhere in Texas, standing as if waiting for direction. "I thought you were a daughter of the tracking goddess!" Sherman yelled at the dark haired girl crouched in the ground in front of him.

The girl lifted her hand off the ground and stood up before turning to face the brutish Ares boy. "You try finding a Hermes kid that doesn't want to be found!" Violet retorted. "They're still heading west though, and we're catching up."

"We need to move quickly," an Athena girl interjected."I'll wager they're heading to Camp Jupiter and the Romans, we can't let them reach it."

Sherman nodded in agreement. "Move out!" he ordered, causing the group to pile into the pickup trucks that they had 'borrowed'.

#      #      #

Annabeth, Piper, and Jason sat in Annabeth's office, having their weekly discussion. "Your control over the camp is slipping," Jason said. "By killing Jacob you have given them a martyr to rally behind, and this is causing them to doubt what you have told them. Even if it is the truth. We need to act quickly, or even more campers will defect. Also, if enough support is gathered, the campers might just overthrow you."

"I agree, something needs to be done," Piper added. "Percy has deceived them for too long, and they need a reminder of that."

"I knew this day would come, it was only a matter of time," Annabeth sighed "Jason, I need you to gather the campers, it is time that Piper had another talk with them."

#      #      #

"Alright Percy, seriously, where are we going?" Thalia questioned as Percy was dragging her through the Caldecott Tunnel.

"It's a surprise!" Percy replied.

"Oh come on, you know I hate surprises!" Thalia complained.

"Just trust me, it'll be fun!" Percy exclaimed as he dragged her out into the light of the setting sun. Thalia gave another little protest, but she didn't really mean it. She smiled as Percy dragged her along, it was so cute how excited he was.

After a while, the couple found themselves walking down a sidewalk with small little shops lining the sides. They were hand in hand, just talking, laughing, and simply enjoying one another's company. "I'm worried about Hannah," Thalia said. "She seemed off after the game last night, and I found her crying at the tombstone this morning wrapped up in one of his hoodies."

Percy paused and frowned, he didn't like hearing his friend was so distraught. "Is there anything we can do?"

"I don't know," Thalia sighed. "She just needs time, I guess."

"Ya, I guess," Percy said before stopping in front of one of the doors. "But look, we're here.

"A diner?" Thalia giggled.

"What?" Percy protested.

"Nothing, I think it's perfect," Thalia smiled before getting on her tip-toes and giving Percy a small kiss.

Grinning like a fool, Percy held open the door so the couple could go inside. "So, you never did give me a straight answer about why you joined the Hunt," Percy said once they were sitting in a booth and had ordered some hamburgers.

"Well, there was the prophecy," Thalia started. Percy nodded, she had explained that. "But. . . there was also another reason," Thalia said with a little blush, causing Percy to raise an eyebrow. "It was you."

"Me?" Percy questioned, extremely confused.

"Yes, you, Kelp Head. I. . . had a crush on you, but you and Annabeth seemed like you were becoming a thing, so I decided to go somewhere to escape from my feelings. Then you came back into my life, and everything just came rushing back," Thalia explained.