Wisdom's Revenge | Olympus' Traitor #2 - Excerpt

Chapter 1: Taken

A crowd of girls dressed in silver hunting jackets and silver camouflage pants ranging anywhere in the ages of eight to their late teens stood in a circle staring at something that lay on the ground. Upon closer inspection, one could see that it was a girl, who looked to be in her early twenties, laying on the ground with blood pooling under her and a gaping whole in her chest. Another girl with auburn hair and blue eyes who looked to be about ten was crying into the jacket of the body on the ground. Behind the young girl sat a man and a woman, about the age of the dead body, who were comforting her. "Hey, it'll be okay," the man soothed, his piercing sea green eyes ringed with silver filled with worry and sadness. "She's in a better place now, Clara."

"Ya," the woman with black hair like the man next to her and piercing, electric blue eyes said. "She's finally able to see Jacob again."

"I know," Clara sniffed. "But first my brother and now Hannah, I don't know what to do. How do you do it, Percy?"

"It's not easy," Percy sighed. "The pain will fade over time, but we can't forget."

Percy looked like he was going to say more, but he was interrupted by a child's scream. "Momma, Momma!" a young boy of about five with auburn hair and sea green eyes yelled as he pushed through the crowd and ran up to Thalia.

"Kairos, what's wrong?" Thalia asked, worry filling her voice.

Kairos jumped into his mom's arms. "I, I was playing in the tree with Aether," Kairos sobbed. "And, and a mean lady took him!" Everyone in the immediate area bristled with anger, but continued listening.

"Sweetie, I need you to think real hard for me, what did she look like?" Thalia said patiently, barely concealing the rage she felt below the surface.

"She, she had on black clothes, and had yellow hair, and had scary eyes," Kairos whimpered.

Percy's face hardened and his eyes swirled like the ocean during a storm. "Find her!" Percy snapped. "We need to bring my son home!" The Hunters immediately split into pairs and spread out. Thalia sat and soothed her son while Percy ran off to find their twin daughters, Angel and Asteria.

A girl with dark hair in the standard Hunters uniform, but with a circlet adorning her brow, paused a moment before running off to help find Aether. "Rest well, sister," she whispered as she bent down and closed Hannah's eyes.

#      #      #

"What do you mean you won't help us find him?" Artemis roared. "This is my grandson we are talking about!"

"He is just another mortal," Zeus dismissed. "Besides, the Ancient La-"

"Just another mortal? Just another mortal!" Thalia shrieked from her position at the foot of Artemis' throne, trembling with anger much like Percy who was standing next to her. In front of them stood Angel and Asteria, who also looked furious. In Thalia's arms she also held little Kairos, who was still silently crying over the loss of his brother. He couldn't help but feel that he could have done something more, somehow saved his twin from this mean lady called 'Annabeth'. "May I remind you that Aether is also your grandson?" Thalia said with a glare.

Zeus looked down at his daughter dismissively. "This is a mortal affair, it does not concern us gods."

"A mortal affair, are you insane, brother?" Poseidon exclaimed incredulously. "May I remind you that this is the child of my son, the Savior of Olympus? Also, did it not occur to you that this could be part of a bigger plot to overthrow us?"

Suddenly, Percy exploded, he just couldn't keep his anger contained any longer. "I can't believe I thought that we could come to you for help!" Percy roared as he glared at each Olympian besides Artemis, Poseidon, and Apollo in turn, eyes starting to glow a dangerous silver. "My son has been abducted by the person who has had a hand in the plots to overthrow the gods three times, who knows what could happen to him! You know what, no, we'll find my son with, or without, your help!" Percy then turned to his wife. "Come on, Thals." Then, together, the Jackson family marched out of the throne room. Poseidon, Artemis, and Apollo followed, determined to save the innocent boy from the clutches of Annabeth.