Chapter 41: New Bonds

Thalia was wringing her hands and looking at the ground. She didn't know why she was so nervous to do this, but she was. Suddenly, she felt a finger gentle tuck under her chin and lift it, bringing her eyes to meet Percy's. "Hey, whatever's going on, you can tell me," he soothed, eyes swirling with concern.

Thalia gulped and nodded before glancing away from his eyes. "You know I love you, right?" she stammered.

"Of course," Percy laughed. "I mean, I love you too."

"No, I mean I really love you," Thalia pressed. "Like the thought of us being apart or losing you physically hurts. I want us to be together, I want us to build a life together."

Percy wasn't quite sure how to respond to that, so he of course did the dumbest thing possible. "What?" he questioned in disbelief.

"I'm saying that I want us to get married Kelp Head!" Thalia practically shouted. "But I guess that you don't feel the same way!" The former lieutenant of the Hunt then started stomping away, fuming.

Percy was speechless as Thalia was storming off. He couldn't believe what he had just heard. They hadn't even been together that long, and she wanted to get married. Suddenly, Percy had an epiphany; he felt the same way. "Thalia, wait!" he called as he ran after the girl he loved with all his heart. "I didn't mean it like that!" he said as he grabbed Thalia's arm to stop her.

This caused Thalia to whirl around and slap him. "Then what did you mean?" she demanded.

"This was just so sudden, I didn't know what to say," Percy explained as he rubbed his cheek. "But I really love you." Percy then gathered Thalia's hands in his own and got down on one knee. "Thalia Grace," Percy started, which caused Thalia to simultaneously tear up and scowl at the sight of Percy proposing and the sound of her last name. "After Annabeth I didn't think that I would ever be able to feel love again, but then you reentered my life. You cared for me in a time when I thought nobody did, you showed me that life still had meaning, and you showed me the path to a better life. Without you I don't know where I would be. Thalia, I love you with all my heart and soul. You are my everything, and without you my life would have no meaning. Please, would you forgive me and make me the happiest both godly and mortal to ever live and become my wife?" Tears were streaming down Thalia's face and hand over her mouth as she nodded. She felt over the moon, Percy felt the same way!

With a shout of joy Percy jumped to his feet and pulled Thalia into the biggest, tightest hug ever. "Of course I forgive you, Kelp Head," Thalia murmured into Percy's ear. "I love you."

The newly engaged couple stood wrapped in their embrace for Zeus knows how long before another pair of arms joined them. Then another did the same, and another, and another, and even more until Percy and Thalia were standing in the middle of a giant bear hug. Wanting to know who in the world was interrupting their moment, Percy and Thalia broke apart. "What the Hades, Nico!" Percy exclaimed when he saw who the main culprit was. Looking around he could also see Hannah, Kate, Reyna, Frank, Hazel, and Clara had also joined in. "Is privacy just not a thing anymore?"

"You're only like fifty yards from the camp," Nico laughed. "I'm pretty sure everyone heard Thalia shout about wanting to marry you. Besides, I just wanted to congratulate my favorite cousins."

Thalia's face was beet red with embarrassment, she hadn't meant to be that loud. At least Artemis had been gone all morning, so she probably didn't hear it as well. Unfortunately, the Fates weren't being generous today apparently as a voice spoke that caused Thalia to groan and somehow grow even redder from embarrassment. "So," Artemis said as she walked out from the trees. "When can I be expecting my invitation to the wedding?"