Chapter 13: Thalia Hits Hard

Some Hunters gasped and started muttering amongst themselves, while others looked confused. Thalia and Artemis seemed confused by his choice, but we're still giving Percy death glares anyways.

The sky darkened with dark clouds as Thalia clenched her fists. "Sorry? All you have to say for yourself is sorry!" Thalia shouted, the clouds starting to circle above Percy as thunder rumbled. "It's been nearly seven months, seven months!"

"I know," Percy whispered, avoiding her glare by looking towards the ground.

"You could have been killed, or worse, captured!" Artemis said hotly.

"I know. But would it help if I said 'sorry' again?"

Suddenly a bolt of lightning came down from the sky and blasted Percy throwing him in the air a few feet before he landed in a cloud of smoke. "No, it wouldn't," Thalia growled. As the smoke cleared the charred and slightly smoking body of Percy could be seen laying on the pavement, unmoving, "Percy?" Thalia called after a few moments. "Alright, enough's enough Percy," Thalia said nervously a little bit later. "It's not funny anymore, you can get up now!" Percy still didn't move a muscle. "Oh gods, oh gods, oh gods!" Thalia muttered as she dashed over to Percy, Artemis close behind. Sliding to her knees at Percy's side Thalia put her head on his still-smoking chest and a hand on his neck. Not feeling anything, she started CPR.

"Get some nectar and ambrosia over here, now!" Artemis ordered.

"You better not die on me, Kelp Head!" Thalia said desperately as she performed CPR. "If you do, I'll have to come visit you in Elysium so I can kill you myself!" Tears were streaming down her face at this point.

Lifting his head, Artemis dribbled some nectar intoPercy's mouth. They waited a few moments for it to take effect, but it never did. "He's gone Thalia," Artemis said softly as she put her hand on Thalia's shoulder.

"No, no!" Thalia shouted as lightning crackled between her fingers. "He can't be dead!" Slamming her fists into his chest, his body jolted from the lightning Thalia had crackling on her. "Come back Percy. We need you, I need you," she sobbed. "There's so much we still have to talk about, so much I have to tell you," she cried as she grabbed his hand before sinking her head into his chest.

#      #      #

Percy found himself standing in a white void, the last thing he remembered was a blinding light, followed by a huge bang and getting thrown off his feet. The space in front of him shimmered slightly, before revealing eight forms standing in a semicircle in front of him. Percy gaped at the forms of his old friends Zoë Nightshade, Bianca Di' Angelo, Ethan Nakumura, Lee Fletcher, Michael Yew, Charlie Beckendorf, Silena Bueareard, and Luke Castellan. "What? How? Why?" Percy stammered. Before they could answer, Percy was overcome by emotion and started crying. "I'm sorry! I'm so, so sorry!" he cried.

"What has caused thee to apologize?" Zoë asked with concern.

"I failed you, all of you. If had just been faster, stronger, better-"

Percy was cut off by Luke coming forward and pulling him into a hug. "There is nothing for you to be sorry for," he said. "We all made our choices."

"I hate to break up this bro moment," Bianca said. "But we don't have much time."

"Indeed," Zoë added. "There is much to discuss."

Percy pulled away from Luke, wiping the tears from his face. "What's going on? Why are you here? Wherever here is," he said.

"You're dying, Percy," Silena said.

"And we're here to advise you, and offer you a choice," Charlie added.