• chapter 6 •

• WEDNESDAY •
* 1963 *

The tape was blurry at first, the faint silhouette of an old woman in the frame

The tape was blurry at first, the faint silhouette of an old woman in the frame. "Is it on?" She questioned.

"I don't know," the person on the other side (a man, i'm guessing) answered.

"What do you mean you don't know?" The woman chided. She advanced towards whoever was holding the camera, as if she was going to inspect it herself. "What do you mean? There's an on button. Just—there's something over that-that jigga-ma-thing, whatever."

There was a brief moment where all that was in the frame was a building to the couple's side. Elliot shifted in his seat, grunting from under the gag (he was probably complaining about the restraints. I wouldn't blame him, though). The footage suddenly went into focus as the old man said, "I did hit the jigga-ma-thing."

"Okay, well just—give it to me. I know how to do this," the woman told him.

"Alright, here," the man responded, sounding somewhat annoyed (geez, calm yourself dude. it's not her fault you're an incompetent piece of poo). "Here. Hurry up."

"They're so cute," Lila (we learned her name was Lila after a brief conversation on the way to watch this film. Lila, a name that brought back memories from the commission. the Handler always said she had a daughter named Lila, but I doubt that this is the Lila she was talking about) said, the green nail polish in her hand sliding over Elliot's toenails. On the projector, the couple continued to fuss over the camera. "I love old couples. I'm always so proud of them for not murdering each other."

"Why are we watching this?" Diego murmured, sounding immensely bored.

"Shush," Five and I told them at the same time.

It was then that the camera finally focused in on an old man, looking happy as he said, "Yeah, I-I'm Dan Frankel. And..."

The woman from before spoke from behind the camera now, "And—and I'm Edna Frankel."

"Edna Frankel," Dan repeated. "We are in Dallas, Texas, to see the president. Today's date is November 22, 1963."

Lila paused her mini pedicure assault on Elliot to look up at the footage before talking. "Well, that's six days from now."

"Holy shit, this is it," Diego said. He leaned forward in his seat (something that I've noticed is a habit of his. can Diego find some other way to show us he's into whatever we're doing?), sitting up straighter. "The grassy knoll. Kennedy's about to get shot. How do you have this?"