• chapter 13 •

• WEDNESDAY •
* 1963 *

Lila smirked at us, waving

Lila smirked at us, waving. She wore a long-sleeved black shirt, along with black pants and some stylish red boots.

And then she began to run.

And, taking a slow, deliberate look around, Five and I ran after her.

We followed her all the way to an old, abandoned paint shop. A train horn blew in the distance as she hopped up onto the small platform ahead of her, pushing her way into the warehouse (well, more like smashing a window and allowing herself in, not that anyone would mind, since this place is abandoned). Five and I watched from a respectable distance as she shut the door loudly behind her. Five and I glanced at each other. I gave him no signal as I followed Lila to the open door. Five was hot on my trail.

Five grabbed my hand, blinking us into the warehouse. We landed right in front of Lila, who paused, before a smile graced her lips.

"What's your game, crazy lady?" Five asked sarcastically, placing his hands on his hips.

"Who cares?" She scoffed, lifting her hands up into a half-shrug. "You said if you saw me again you'd kill me."

"Oh, I remember," I told her, tilting my head to the side. Although feigning calm, I mentally prepared myself to either block or deliver a blow.

"Well come on, big talkers. Let's get this done," she said. Five nodded. He blinked behind her, but apparently Lila expected that, because she kicked him square in the face. Lila chuckled as Five fell backwards, clutching his nose. I made a move to kick her while she wasn't paying attention, but Lila quickly caught my foot and flipped me down to the ground.

I groaned, watching as she slipped away from us and deeper into the warehouse. She was laughing, she sounds echoing down the halls. I recovered first, Five and I following Lila's trail. We sped into a slightly furniture-crowded room. Lila continued to run, but was stopped short when Five blinked in front of her.

I let Five have his fight first, common curtesy. He made a kick for Lila's face, who dodged it easily by ducking down. Five opted for a roundhouse kick; which actually did work, slamming into Lila's stupid face. Because of his successful kick, though, Lila was able to deliver three punches to his stomach. Five went for another punch, which Lila dodged once more. She kneed him in the stomach, pushing him back with a kick, and hitting him in the face again.

As Five fell to the ground I knew it was my turn to fight. I jumped up onto an old table that lay there, managing to kick Lila in the chest. She did a swift roll before landing on her feet again and making a move to punch my face. I flipped backwards, dodging the other two kicks she attempted to give me. Next, I kicked her in the face and punched her in the jaw. I was rewarded with three angry kicks; one that missed my legs, one that hit my stomach, and one that grazed my neck. When I stood back up to square up again, Lila was gone and Five was at my side.