• chapter 12 •

• WEDNESDAY •
* 1963 *

We opened the door to Elliot's home, Allison and my laugh ringing out through the open space (me, Allison, and Klaus had a ball reuniting

We opened the door to Elliot's home, Allison and my laugh ringing out through the open space (me, Allison, and Klaus had a ball reuniting. we'd been chatting up a storm the whole way here. i'm pretty sure they're both drunk). "Is anyone here?" She called. "Hello?"

"Le petit mort, le petit mort," Klaus said.

"What? You don't speak French," Allison giggled, pointing at Klaus.

"It's the little death," Klaus told her. Vanya, Luther, Diego, and Elliot appeared at the top of the stairwell, staring down at us. "Oh, wow. I know this is impossible, but did we all get sexier?"

"Vanya," Allison whispered.

"I can't believe I have a sister!" Vanya exclaimed, rushing down the stairs. She stood in front of Allison, simply smiling.

"I missed you," Allison told her, a proud grin on her face.

"Thank God someone did," Vanya replied, chuckling softly. They stared at each other for another moment before crashing into a hug.

Diego and Klaus were having their own little reunion when Klaus said, "Oh, that's so sweet!" He stepped over, intruding into Vanya and Allison's hug.

"Klaus, is Ben here?" Five asked.

"Oh, uh, no," Klaus said, popping his back as he pulled away from the hug. "No, unfortunately ghosts can't time travel." I placed a comforting hand on Klaus's shoulder (he was alone, how sad is that? no Ben? that must suck). He took it into his hand, before gasping loudly. Klaus grabbed my hand, immediately running his fingers over my wedding ring. "When did you get hitched?"

Allison was the second one on me. "You got married?" Meanwhile, Diego and Luther were reaching for Five's hand, obviously trying to see the ring. "When?"

"Uh...an hour ago?" I answered, though it came out more like a question. I yanked my hand away from Allison and Klaus, leading Five up the stairs. "Anyway, lets get down to business."

The rest of Five's siblings (my siblings-in-law? I have no idea) followed behind us. "I mean, first you chop off half of your hair and then you get married to my brother? You can't just act like you didn't get married," Diego said.

"Yes we can!" Five called back, arriving at the small living room. Once everyone was settled, Five spoke. "All right. First off, I wanna say I'm sorry. I know I really screwed the pooch on this whole going-back-in-time-and-getting-stuck thing."