• chapter 22 •

• WEDNESDAY •
* 1963 *

I sighed loudly, leaning back on the railing of the staircase

I sighed loudly, leaning back on the railing of the staircase. Five rubbed his hand over my finger soothingly. Everyone of the Hargreeves siblings (excluding Klaus) were here, all of us standing around and watching the news. "Authorities are asking for help identifying several persons of interest at Dealey Plaza at the time of the assassination. The FBI believes they may have been acting in concert with the alleged shooter, Lee Harvey Oswald." The reporter held up a photo of Vanya. "Vanya Hargreeves, wanted in connection with the deaths of several FBI agents inside the federal building. A Cuban exile known only as Diego..."

"Cuban?" Diego questioned.

"...who recently escaped from the Holbrook Sanitarium. A bare-knuckle boxer" (up came a photo of Luther) "with suspected mafia ties who fights under the alias King Kong. Allison Chestnut, a negro radical responsible for instigating and organizing the recon riots at Stadtler's lunch counter." (now, a photo of Allison. next, a drawing of Klaus) "And finally, Klaus, the controversial cult leader and know tax evader." (lastly, a photo of me and Five peeking over the fence at the Grassy Knoll rolls up on the tv) "The FBI is asking the public to be on the lookout for this unidentified boy and girl, who they believe is being held hostage by the suspected terrorist network..."

I drowned him out after that as Five shrugged, speaking, "Well, it's true. I do feel like I'm being held hostage most days."

"God, I hate that photo," Diego muttered. Her turned one of his many knifes in his hands, a deadly glint in his eyes as Allison scoffed, speaking up next.

"They're saying I instigated the riot? That's unbelievable."

"Look," Luther began, punching the bridge of his nose as a sigh escaped his lips. "The good news is that we restored the timeline and we stopped doomsday. So—"

"Yeah, a bunch of real goddamned heros. We let Kennedy die," Diego said.

"And your dream to save him should've died with him," I snapped. "Let it go, Diego, seriously. We're officially the most wanted people in the world. The FBI is after us, the Dallas police, the Secret Service. It's only a matter of time before they hunt us down here."

"Well, where are we supposed to go?" Vanya asked us.

Klaus came walking slowly down the stairs, smiling at us. "I have this yurt just outside of Reykjavik. We could totally lay low there. Folks there are a little weird, but lovely."

"Hey, numbnuts," Five said, capturing his siblings attention. "Hiding's not gonna make a difference here. The Commission will hunt us down wherever and whenever we go."