• chapter 21 •

• WEDNESDAY •
* 1963 *

• WEDNESDAY • * 1963 *

Five rolled his eyes. Did Luther really not understand that we were the same people? "Because I'm him and that is exactly what I would do if I were trying to kill me!"

"Okay, all I know is we've got one Five and one Wednesday too many, and you guys are the ones acting like maniacs?"

"Manic?" I hissed, eyes wide and I stabbed a finger at Luther's chest. "Luther, you have seen nothing. If you want a maniac, I will show you maniac."

"Okay, as your guys' spotter, I think the best thing I can do for you right now is put you out of your misery," Luther said.

"Okay, Luther, listen," I snapped, pausing my steps to turn to him. Five did the same, both of us staring daggers into his face. "We know your feeble mind only responds to age and authority, so listen very closely."

"Yet again, you are experiencing daddy issues, this time with your own brother, which is honestly making me a bit crazy. But remember this, we're 14 days older than them. We have seniority here. So it is us you should be listening to, Luther," Five lectured, pointing to himself and myself before shouting out, "I'm the daddy here!"

"How's it going?" Luther laughed nervously as people began to look at us. I felt my head twitch to the side slightly as Luther placed a hand on my shoulder, his other hand one Five's. "Please, you guys are being unseemly. Look at you!"

"I admit, there is a possibility that we may not be in our fully...right mind right now," I said begrudgingly. "But whatever we've got, they've got it too."

"You three quit grab-assing," Wen shouted out. We reached the small fence where Five and I had been only 14 days prior. "We're here."

5 and Wen both let some gas pass as they set up by the fence, causing Luther to let out a shocked gasp. "Flatulence. Stage four."

"See? What's your plan now, bucko?" I giggled. Five let some gas pass, and I scrunched up my nose in distaste. "I'm gonna say that's lunch."

"Look," Five whispered. "The briefcase."

Luther shook his head, moving to place a hand on Five's shoulder. "No, don't. You won't be able to get there in time."

"Of course I will," Five snapped. "This is our only chance."

"Hey, uh, just remind me again...what was the final stage of paradox psychosis?" Luther asked us.