• chapter 8 •

• WEDNESDAY •
* 1963 *

"Hey, one of those machines you asked for is going crazy!" Elliot shouted out

"Hey, one of those machines you asked for is going crazy!" Elliot shouted out. I sat up from where I had been lounging around, walking over to where Elliot had been seated. Five wasn't far behind.

"Which one?" I asked him, leaning down beside him to look at the machine.

"It's the, uh, atmospheric radar," Elliot replied. Five joined me in crouching down beside Elliot, muttering a quiet 'good' under his breath. "I don't get it. What are you tracking? A hurricane? A storm front?"

"Sound waves," Five told him. He didn't spare a second for Elliot to reply as he grabbed my hand, taking us away from the small room.

"Five," I whined as we continued through the cornstalks. "How much longer? Converse aren't exactly the best shoes for walking, you know."

Five didn't answer, continuing to tug me along by my scorching hot hand. We came into a small clearing, shoving away at the cornstalks. I looked around, my eyes landing on a figure crouching in the stalks. I pushed them aside, smiling down at Vanya (oh my God, Vanya! jeez you guys have no idea how much I missed her). "Hey Vanya."

"Who are you?" She questioned, standing up and walking into the clearing.

"I'm your friend," I told her, giving her a quizzical look. I then pointed to Five. "And he's your brother."

"I have a brother?" Vanya asked us. Her face was full of genuine confusion, looking between me and Five.

"Look," Five began, smiling a genuine smile at his sister (Five has always been a softie for Vanya. Ben, too, and although he won't admit it, he has a huge soft spot for Klaus. he generally feels like he needs to...take care of them, I guess you could say). "You can either wait here for the IKEA mafia to come back to kill you or you can come with us."

We turned to go, already knowing that Vanya would follow us. "Why...why are they trying to kill me?" She asked us, walking by our side as we pushed our way through the stalks.

"Because you're not supposed to be here, Vanya," Five explained. He didn't turn to look back at her as he explained.

"In Dallas?" She said confusedly.

"No," I replied. "In 1963." We pushed into a clearing, which had probably a thousand or more corn stalks plastered on the ground. It looked like a huge...crater. Vanya let out a quiet murmur of Holy shit. "I know. Wild, right?"