• 50k special •

hello. it's me again :)

UGH I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH but uhm, anyways, i wanted to do something to celebrate 50k on this book (not to mention 170k on the first book) so i decided a really long character study would be cool. i hope this doesn't disappoint haha.

(also i just recently realized that i started this story so off-cannon from the show lmao. if i were actually going by the logic in the show, Wednesday would've showed up separately from Five and her ankle and all her injuries would've stayed the same so i'm super sorry if that confused people lmao i just wasn't paying attention at what i was writing)

this is written in the second person, so you're essentially Wednesday.  basically i'm writing key points in Wednesday's life and then i'm just going into deeper detail for each of them. i hope it's not too repetitive :///

before you start, i live for your guys' comments so please comment if you can :) also, no gif. i'm sry :(

!tw! abuse, death, blood, cussing, violence

word count: 6,666😳

___________________________

1.

Sometimes you think you were too young.

You were ten years old when your parents first hit you. After that, you talked less and less, smiled less and less. The bruises appeared on your skin like flowers sprouting from the ground, covering your porcelain features in purples and browns and sickly yellows. No one questioned it. No one ever asked what was wrong.

You were eleven years old when you got caught in a bank robbery. You would never admit it to anyone—not even Five—but you were going to make a cash withdrawal  from your parents' bank account so that you could run away. You heard that they hired young in Virginia, that maybe you could become a farmhand in the countryside. That day you met the people who would change your life forever.

You were eleven years old when your parents came to the Academy looking for you. Reginald and the kids handled that situation, and Reginald forced the kids to never tell you.

You were twelve years old when Reginald first asked you to help supervise and document the Hargreeves training sessions. At first you were excited (finally, something to do other than laundry) but by the end of the first week you wished that you would never have to witness another one of those trainings. Reginald made Luther train till he fainted, trained Diego till he was sending knives through innocent people's throats, trained Allison till she lost her voice, trained Klaus till he locked him in the mausoleum, trained Five till he collapsed from exhaustion, trained Ben till he was sobbing on the floor, insistently called Vanya ordinary until she almost tried to steal away Reginald's razor to use on herself.

You were twelve years old when you were first forced to participate in the torture Reginald called training. He made you clamber onto Luther's shoulders, sitting there for hours as he ran around the room. Later that day you nursed him to health, apologizing profusely for participating.

You were twelve years old when you were forced  to sit down in a chair at Reginald's insistence, forced to sit and cower in fear as Reginald forced Diego to throw knives straight at your face and make them curve away. Instead of you consoling Diego, he came into your room in the middle of the night as you had a panic attack, holding you. The both of you cried together that night.