𝓓𝓮𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Ahira's pov

I was seated at the dining table, playing with the rice in my plate rather than eating it.

"I wanted to say something to both of you" Dad announced, gaining everyone's attention.

"Nazreen called yesterday and she was asking about when we were going to shift there. So me and your mother were thinking of going now. As you both know it was pre-planned but was postponed due to the circumstances. I think it's high time that we go now."

"Yes dad, Nazreen aunt is also alone there. You'll should go, we will manage here" Azlaan said and I nodded when he looked at me.

"So yeah, it's decided then. We will go tomorrow itself" Dad declared and everyone agreed.

Nazreen aunt is dad's sister. Her husband passed away 6 months ago and she has been telling dad to move to Chennai as she is all alone and besides dad was also thinking to handle the company's branch which was there in Chennai himself.

Once the discussion was done, we all resumed our dinner and were dispersed to our respective rooms.

I took a refreshing bath and changed into a fresh pair of night wear and disappeared under the blanket even before Azlaan could come. Because I seriously don't want to have any kind of conversation with him, at least not now.

I said my quick prayer and closed my eyes but I guess sleep was on holiday. I heard the door click and I knew Azlaan was here. Why would he come this early? He often stays in his study longer than expected.

I could feel the bed dip and the next thing I felt was his hot breath. I tried not to close my eyes tightly because if I'd do, he will know that I am awake and I don't want that.

"I miss being able to smile with you Ahira'' His sad voice made my heart clench in pain. He has already lost his baby because of me and here instead of making him happy, I am giving him more pain.

I don't know why I am doing this but something within me is stopping me from opening up. Maybe it is the fear of being close to him and losing another person. I guess yeah, it is what I am feeling.

Every person whom I tend to love, leaves me in the middle. And I am scared that one day Azlaan would leave too.

"I miss being with you, in your warmth" His voice cracking in the end.

Hearing him break like this, i want to talk to him, hug him and comfort him.

"I can't take your silence anymore Ahira" Few drops of something wet fell onto my cheeks. I knew they were tears, his tears. How could I make him cry? My Azlaan who was always happy and outgoing is crying because of me.

I so badly wanted to wipe his tears but I couldn't bring myself to do that.

Minutes passed and he was still there in the same position. Finally after more than five minutes, I felt him kissing my forehead and shifting to his side of the bed after switching off the side lamps making me sigh inwardly.

I was still in the same position and wide awake because Azlaan was continuously tossing and turning. Looks like he is too facing the same problem. How I wish everything between us was the same so that now when we both aren't able to sleep, we could have had a little talk. Speaking of that, if everything was fine then we wouldn't be sleep deprived.

★★★
Yesterday rolled by faster than expected. And I was thankful for that.

"Take care" Mom smiled at me politely and I nodded giving her a tight smile. Bidding us all goodbye, the three of them departed with Azlaan who was supposed to drop them at the airport.

I sighed as I looked around the big mansion that will now only have two people who don't talk with each other. Ok Azlaan do but I don't.

It was evening when I decided to get off my comfy bed and headed to the balcony. The sun was at the horizon, bidding us bye. Sky looked exquisite with a tint of purple, pink and orange. The cold evening breeze flew past me making me shiver as they touched my skin.

Doing a turtle walk, I reached the kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee and sat in the balcony enjoying my book and the view.

Hearing my phone ring, I got up and walked towards the bed. Attending the call, I greeted Ayesha.

"Assalamu alaikum" I said, flipping through the pages of the magazine that was kept on the side table.

"Wa alaikum salam" Her voice sounded enthusiastic.

"What's the matter?" I knew that was rude but I seriously am not in the mood of talking.

"We are going to Mahableshwar" She squealed.

"We?"

"You, Azlaan bhai, me, Affan and Ahaan bhai! " She said.

"Oh" Was all I could say.

"I will talk with you later, I have to cook dinner" I said hastily and cut the call.

Letting out a long breath, I raked my fingers through my open hair. This trip was definitely planned for cheering me up.

Sighing at their idea, I headed down stairs to make dinner, as Azlaan would be home soon.

Taking out some tomatoes and cashew, I put them in a bowl. Adding half bowl of water I let them boil. Meanwhile I chopped some onions and made dough for chappatis. Once the tomatoes were boiled, I put them in the mixer after bringing them to room temperature.

Keeping the pan on the stove, I let it heat. Once it was heated, I poured some oil and added some spices and added the onion, sauteing it for five minutes. I poured the tomato puree and some chilli powder along with other masalas and salt. When everything was cooked well, I added the paneer and let it cook for some more five minutes before switching off the stove. I made some chapatis hastily and went to my room. Taking a good bath, I changed into a fresh pair of nightwear and hit the bed.

I kept tossing and turning until I heard the door knob twist, making me go straight.

"I know you are awake" He muttered before going into the bathroom.

How did he know?

"I'm hungry Ahira, serve me food" He said and I was still acting as if I was asleep.

"OK don't! I will starve till death, if you don't serve me now. I won't eat until the day when you will serve the food" He said the last part shouting like a maniac.

'Oh Allah!! This man is such a drama queen' I thought and got up narrowing my eyes. He laughed while I glared at him.

My lips twisted upwards into a small smile, after so many days.

Ahahaha!! Ahira smiled after so many days!!
I feel bad for Azlaan 🥺🥺

Vote, comment and share the book with your friends 🤗🤗❤❤

Happy reading📖