Chapter 4️⃣0️⃣

" Everything ready for the meeting..?" Jungkook asked his secretary as he entered his office in the morning..
... Yes sir.. they are almost here.." his secretary replied.

" Ok.. I don't want any mistakes.. no matter what we have to do, convince them to sign the contract.. it's our first time in the clothing industry, they are are the leading company at present.. so it would be great if we get an opportunity to merge with them.." Jungkook explained and his secretary nodded in agreement..

Within no time the secretary's phone buzzed..

" Sir they are here.. in the conference hall.." He said politely..

" Yeah.. let's go.. " Jungkook said and walked out of his office room, his secretary following him in the back..

Once they reached the conference room he opened the door with a smile plastered on his face..

" Good morning Mr. Lee.." he greeted the old man sitting in the chair..

" Good morning Mr Jeon.. it's been a pleasure meeting you.." the man greeted back..

" Uh.. well, this is my daughter as well as, assistant CEO of Lee Fashions.. meet Sophia.." the man introduced pointing towards his daughter Standing beside him..

Jungkook looked at the so-called daughter with the same smile , but soon his expression changed into a confused one..

" Hello.. Mr Jeon.." Sophia extended her hand with a smirk on her face..

Jungkook cleared his throat before joining for a handshake,

" Nice to meet you.... Ms Lee.." and he quickly released his hand from her..

Soon the meeting started, but throughout the meeting, Jungkook had an uneasy feeling but he hid it in front of others and tried to concentrate on the meeting.

When the meeting ended Mr Lee excused himself to attend a phone call, leaving Jungkook with Sophia in the room.. she wasn't paying any attention to Jungkook, as she played in her phone..

" Hmm, Ms Lee.. I want to..."

" Oh come on Jungkook, don't pretend like we are strangers.. we know each other very well.." she cut his words..

Jungkook gulped before answering..

" yeah..Sophia.. I'm sorry I didn't know that it's your Dad's company.." he reasoned..

"You don't remember anything about me.. It doesn't matter anyway.. past is just past.. let's be professional Jungkook now that we are going to work together.."
Sophia said with a smile.. making Jungkook smile too..

" So how's your life going.. I heard that you got married.. I thought you were straight.." she asked and Jungkook relaxed that she is being friendly..

He still remembers the last time they met, a month before he met Jimin first.. for Jungkook she was just another girl he hooked up with.. and he made it clear to her when they first met only.. that he won't love her.. but she was so obsessed with him.. so later she proposed to him, and he rejected.. at that time Jungkook was nothing but a rude playboy who doesn't wants any commitment.. she was madly following him, expressing her love.. she asked him to marry her too..

At last, she threatened him that she will commit suicide.. at that point he understood that she was mentally not stable, she was some kind of Psycho.. finally somehow he convinced her that he can't love her, that he doesn't believe in love and marriage.. then she left saying that she will wait for him..