Chapter 22 | sleep

The past few weeks have been rather hectic, and boy had it worn you out. Tomorrow L planned to go watch Light at University, you may tag along just to keep watch of the both of them. But for now you wanted to sleep.

So late in the night, the taskforce left for home, you stretched your wings out after them being hidden for so long. That was one of the downsides of being in a human form, it made your wings fell all stuffy and stiff, so when you could you slept in your normal form. You donned your silky nightgown, with a low cut back to allow room for your wings.

There's a reasons most deities wore robes, the ones with wings could tie them up around the wings to allow freedom and fluid movement. But a human walking around with deity robes was a bit suspicious when it's not Halloween. So human clothes were unfortunately necessary, in your human form they were no problem, but you did have some clothes with low cut backs or holes cut in them to allow rooms for your wings.

You were waiting for he day you'd have to shift and your wings tear through your shirt, because you knew it'd happen some day.

Emerging from the en-suite, teeth brushed and ready for bed, you turned the lights off, the soft glow you gave off being the only light along with the dim moonlight through the window. You were about to climb into bed when you had a thought.

L should probably get some sleep too.

You wandered out to the main room where he sat at his computer, working as usual. He looked tired. He always did, but today more than usual. He had been awake for quite some time now, it wasn't good for him.

"L"

He turned to face you, looking sleepy as ever.

"Oh, you're going to bed?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's getting late"

He leaned over the back of the sofa and reached up to place a shy kiss on your cheek.

"Goodni-"

"You're sleeping to L" you cut him off.

He was silent for a moment, overtired and taking longer to process words.

"Uh- no I have to-" he began.

"No. You're going to sleep Lawliet. This long without it isn't healthy"

"Bu-"

"No"

It was clear you were more stubborn than he was in this situation and you wouldn't back down no matter how much he fights it.

"The work will still be there in the morning, and I doubt you'll miss anything" you said.

"It's so hard to fall asleep though" he replied.

"Come sleep with me then, I have all my powers in this form remember? I'll relax you"

Watching his cheeks turn slightly pink through the darkness, you gave him a smile. He's so cute.

"Won't I... hurt your wings if I lie on them?" He asked.

"Wings are tough, it won't hurt. Plus I've had wings for over a century I know all the best sleeping positions not to get uncomfortable. Now come on, put some pyjamas on and let's go to bed"

Sometimes L forgot that things like this are what boyfriends do, so the suggestion caught him off guard. He honestly was still wrapping his head around the whole boyfriend thing. As much as he loved you, this was the first time he'd been a boyfriend so he wasn't the most educated.

"Ok..." he smiled.

You went back to your room to tuck the messed up sheets back in while he got some clothes to sleep in. You opened the window a bit to let the cool air in as being up so many stories in summer wasn't very cool and ventilated.

When L returned he was wearing pretty much the same clothes, just in a more ventilated sleep friendly fabric. You weren't surprised, he did like his blue and white combo. You got into bed and gestured for him to join. Getting in, he flopped back into the puffy pillows and stretched out his back. He really would get his back looked at honestly...

You threw the sheets over the both of you, rolling onto your side to face him. Stretching your wings, you let one fall off the side of the bed and the other fall over L as a second blanket. You reached out to wrap your arms around him too, pulling him in close. He seemed tense.

"I take it physical affection isn't something you've had a lot of?" You said.

"N-no..." he replied.

"Not on my watch. Hope you like cuddles because as long as I'm around thats what you're getting every night"

He hesitantly wrapped his arms around you in return, resting his head against your chest as he relaxed. You gently stroked his hair comfortingly, in an attempt to lull him to sleep.

"You know what we need in our room in the taskforce building?" You asked.

"What?"

"A floating circle bed"

"Floating circle bed?"

"You know, the ones that hang from the roof? And circle beds are what we have in the aether. They're the best shape for winged beings since there's more room for them. The ones we have hang from the roof and gently rock when you move to lull you to sleep. But if you want them still you can tie them in place. They're big and comfortable like nests but in bed form. I kinda miss them" you explained.

"They sound comfortable" he replied.

"They are, and since they're floating you can put magic things under them that aid with sleep, protection, all that stuff"

"I think it's doable"

"You'll love them, I promise"

"Anything that comes from you I love"

You giggled, happy to see him getting more comfortable in the relationship.

"Suck up" you joked.

"You're a love deity, you're meant to love this stuff" he replied.

"I do, and I love you"

You placed a kiss on his forehead, continuing to run your fingers through his hair.

"It's late, we have lots to do tomorrow. Just relax, focus on your contact with me, I'll channel relaxing energy to you. Get some sleep ok?" You added.

"Alright. I love you..." he said.

"I love you too, Goodnight sweetheart..."