Chapter 64 | signals

"What that bitch didn't think of was my bra"

"Excuse me what?"

Zephyr looked over at Misa, who had pulled off her bra from under her shirt and was biting at the bottom of it.

"The underwire. If I can get ur out we can pick the lock. We can't leave because he's bordered up the entrances but we can get the lyre back" she said.

"That's genius" Zephyr replied.

"We just need to wait for him to leave at some point then we can use the lyre and put it back to use the signal without him noticing"

How long had it been now? Maybe three or so months? And it took this long to figure out a way to pick the lock. To be fair, it's not like people just get taught how to pick locks in school. The fact Misa managed to figure this out was pretty impressive.

She pulled out the wire, bending it to straighten it.

"I know that wires can work but I don't know exactly how to do this..." Misa said.

"Here, I'll figure it out. Don't stress yourself" zephyr replied.

"You know I don't even have that much of a baby bump yet, you don't have to be so worried about stress"

"I know, it's just an instinct"

Zephyr took the wire, leaning down to the level of the door latch, she peeked inside the crack between the door and the frame, trying to see how to work this out.

"Hmm... I think the lock just prevents the handle from being moved, if we can push the latch thing inside we can open it..." she said.

"Just be quiet, I don't know if light isn't still here or not"

Misa looked over her shoulder, watching the wire feed into the crack. With the right angle and right amount of force it could work, hopefully.

"...I'm sorry about your wings" Misa said.

"It's fine, you don't have to keep apologising" zephyr replied.

"I feel so bad though..."

"Deities heal quickly, I won't be fit for flying for a while but I'm already making recovery, don't stress it"

Misa gave her a guilty look, zephyr just gave her an empathetic smile and turned back to the lock.

"So... how will this signal work?" Misa asked.

"We play a certain tune that's enchanted with long distance travel. They'll be able to hear it from the other side of the globe. They'll get a general idea of where we are but not our exact location. It will only be heard by them or anyone that has access to magic. In return they can signal us back through song. Music has always been a major part of magic because it involved spoken word spells, different frequencies, emotional magic and artistry magic. Music is one of the most powerful forms of magic. Some spells are even enough to bring the most cold hearted gods to tears" zephyr replied.

She took the wire out, looking at it for a moment. Her eyes lit up with a sudden idea and she twisted the wire into a hook shape. Putting it back in the lock.

"So signing and playing instruments in certain ways can act kind of like... echolocation?" Misa asked.

"In a way yes, maybe a mating call is the best way to describe it. Like how animals will have a certain call to attract others, and they'll revive a certain call back" zephyr explained.

"How long will it take for them to find us?"

"No idea honestly. It will narrow down the area but not give a certain location so anywhere from a few weeks to the rest of the year. But I'm sure the Kami are trying to help too"