Chapter 53 | Plan 2

"EVERYONE CALM DOWN!"

Angry chatter had filled the hall, you and L standing in silence in front of the Kami as Hypnos tried to shut everyone up. You'd explained everything, and they were not impressed with Light and Misa. You made sure to explain the deal about getting Misa way from light, the situation with him accidentally touching death note paper, everything was throughly explained.

Hypnos let out a frustrated sigh, picking up the horn and blowing into it again. Everyone jumped at the loud noise and stopped talking.

"Arguing won't do anything, we need to get that book back off Light. If he's aware of (y/n) being a deity there's everything chance he'd figured out how to mask his energy and go undetected by magic. What are we going to do?" He said.

"We haven't roamed the human realm in centuries, who knows what would happen to the human race if we showed up again and proved the existence of other realms" Aphrodite said.

"There's a reason we stopped roaming the human realm, humans knowing that there's life after death caused a large number of suicides, dangerous cults, demigods, all kinds of problems" Eros added.

This was definitely a difficult situation, Light clearly had some kind of access to other worldly knowledge. Weather it be through the death note or a Shinigami or something of divine origin. With that knowledge and the death note he was extremely dangerous.

"Thanatos, have death rates spiked since he got the book?" Hypnos asked.

Thanatos was brother of Hypnos and Greek overlooker of death that took souls to the underworld. He and the other overlooked a of death ruled over the death messengers. Unlike Shinigami, they simply guide to the underworld or MU and oversee death rather than kill with notes.

"I've noticed it quickly rising yes" he replied.

"Anubis, Freyja, Morrighan what about you?"

All three were death deities from the Egyptian, Norse and Celtic pantheons.

"I have seen an increase, it came out of nowhere" Freyja said.

"I was just about to investigate when you called the meeting" Morrighan added.

"I was about to as well, I had a suspicion it was because of Kira" Anubis said.

The Kami thought for a moment, trying to think of a plan. You and L looked at each other, desperately trying to think of something too. L spoke up.

"He clearly has some kind of plan. Now he's got the book back he's not holding back and just going crazy on the killings. I don't know what he's hoping to achieve with that but he clearly has something planned" L said.

"I think he's trying to cause mass panic, deities get more powerful the more there's a mythos around them. Kira already has cults, religions, a mythos, I think by causing mass panic he's hoping to try and ascend form the human realm" you replied.

"Is mass panic breaks out the world will go into complete anarchy" Morrighan said.

"That's what he wants, he wants to cause the downfall off society so people worship him as a saving grace. He's trying the 'we have to appease the angry god' approach" Hypnos said.

Silence fell over the room again as everyone tried to decode the situation, Light and Misa must be writing like mad men right now. By the end of the day they'd get through a whole pack of pens at the rate they're going. You had to act fast. L felt the boys grip on him tighten, he placed a reassuring hand on Matt's shoulder, giving them all a weak smile. He was worried but he couldn't show that or the boys would panic.