Chapter 62 | break through

A/n: boy oh boy do I have plot twists lined up. See if you can spot the foreshadowing since y'all did last time

It was some ridiculous time, 3am probably.

How many weeks had she been locked in this break room with broken wings? 3? Maybe 4? Zephyr knew you and L would be coming for her, but clearly you needed directions. If she could find an opening where she's able to grab her lyre she could use that to communicate. But Light and Misa are still holding it hostage.

She slept, on a sofa in the break room prison cell, she'd ripped the curtains off to use as a blanket since her captors didn't give her one. At least she was able to get that message to Rem... then all of this bullshit happened.

The silence of the night and her sleep was suddenly shattered by loud noises. Hazily waking up, she sat up, wincing in pain from the broken wings. Why did wings have to be so fragile? More importantly what the hell was going on? Getting closer to the door, she put her ear too it, trying to listen. She couldn't make it out but Light and Misa were definitely having a majorly heated argument. Screaming back and fourth, stomping around.

That was actually good, if they argued, and fell apart then Misa could be lured onto your side. But it was also a little worrying, Light was a scumbag after all, there's no telling what he might do.

The screaming got louder, louder, angrier. Misa yelled something and zephyr audibly gasped when she heard the sound of a hard slap. It fell silent. Did he just hit her? That wasn't what she was thinking when she or any of the people against light said 'break them up'.

After a moment, footsteps could be heard down the halls, zephyr backed away from the door. Crawling back onto the sofa pretending to sleep in case they came in. Mere seconds later the door opened, there was a thud, then a slam.

When the door closed, zephyr peeked out from under the makeshift blanket. Misa sat on the floor, staring at the door in utter shock. Oh no, this wasn't part of the plan.

The plan was to break them up, arguing verbally was a given but locking her in here too wasn't what she expected. Although she should have, Light was a serial killer.

"Misa..." she said.

Misa just stayed silent. Too shocked to speak, staring at the locked door. Zephyr got up, sitting next to her.

"Misa... what just happened?"

Although it was clear from the red hand mark on her cheek. It all seemed to sink in, she meted too the floor fits clenched, breathing shaky and tears starting to fall. Looks like she finally realised who light truly was. Sad it took being hit and yelled at to make her realise.

Zephyr put a hand on her back, rubbing it reassuringly. Misa just sobbed on the floor, betrayed and helpless.

"What have I done? What have I done?" She sobbed.

"Misa, what just happened?"

"I can't believe I fell for that act, and I let him use me like that... I fell so tainted. I've killed people, I traded half my lifespan for him..."

She finally understood huh? It was always painful to watch from an outsiders perspective. Light had Misa wrapped around his finger and she never saw how badly she was being treated. Everyone else could, but none of them could get through to her.

"He won't even accept his own child over being god..." Misa sobbed.

She knew it. As soon as she heard that yelling she knew why it was happening. This wasn't how she thought it would go down though, not her intentions at all. But it would crumble lights plan, Misa saw how bad he was now, she was almost free from is grasp.