Chapter 26 | secret letters

I don't believe we've met before, kid. But I have briefly run into your girlfriend before. I'll start by introducing myself.

I am Dionysus, god of wine and the harvest.

Technically I'm not meant to be doing this, but I've never been one for following the rules. I'm aware of your meeting with Hades and your relationship with (y/n), in fact after I briefly ran into her, I began to watch the situation a bit closer.

We've had several meetings about how to deal with Kira, and I was told not to try this, but I'm going to away because it just might work.

I have an idea to lure Kira out, we both know it's the Yagami kid. This is all about the timing. Continue with the plan to intercept the Death Notes, find where they're hidden and take them. With no weapon, kira can't kill. But, he is a smart man, there's no doubt he'd have some backup plan we are unaware of. A page of the book may be hidden, he may have another person we don't know working with him, there's many possibilities.

As you're aware, those rings you and (y/n) wear will tie your souls together so you won't get lost in the reincarnation process again. In order to explain my plan, I must first tell you know that transformation will work.

You know about the part were you'll be able to become an atherial after a natural progression of the relationship ship resulting in consensual embrace. But it's a little deeper than that. How it works is when both parties in contact with the rings reach a climax, the energy through your bodies will result in a magic seal shattering in the rings, under that seal is a surge of power that will kill your mortal soul and instead of coming back in another body, you'll keep your current one and thus become immortalised as an atherial. I won't lie, the process is a bit intense. First you'll feel light headed, then as your soul dies, your body will become weak. You'll feel a tingle starting in your toes and flowing up your body for a while as your dead soul comes back inside your body. You'll be weak for a few days after as the newly formed immortal soul adjusts to the body.

Within a day, you'll begin to grow wings. It takes a month for them to fully grow to the point of being able to fly. It'll start as a bone growing just under your shoulder blades, soon muscle will start to form around it, then feathers will start to grow and by the months end you'll have functioning wings. What power you fail will depend on the type of deity you are, flying and powers are something (y/n) can teach you when it happens.

Technically, you'll be dead. As a human that is, you'll be very much alive as a deity. And a death note can't kill what's already dead.

Now that you know how it all works, here's my plan.

Continue the plan hades gave you. It's still a good idea to get the notebooks away from the Kira's. But like I said, they're smart. They'll definitely have some backup plan. You have a month window between when you kill your soul, to when it fully evolves into a deity where you can go undetected as a deity. All beings have auras that feel different. And all beings but humans can feel auras. What I'm saying is, in that month window, you can trick Kira and the Shinigami into thinking you're still a human.

So when kira tries to kill you, and he sees you're not dying, he'll start to feel cornered psychologically, he'll start to scramble for answers, he'll start to lose more of his sanity knowing he can't get rid of his biggest rival. This will cause him to take some kind of drastic action that you can trap him in. He has the god complex of a stuck up Kami. When he sees that he's 'lost the power' to kill you, he'll be shattered. And you can use that to trap him.

In short, you'll need to progress your relationship up to the point you genuinely feel ready to be deflowered. Hold off until the timing is right, or push forward when the time is right. And use that three week window to your advantage. It's all about the timing. Of course you still have to be comfortable with doing so, otherwise this won't work at all. But with that taskforce building almost done and the shared room with (y/n) that gives you privacy from the taskforce, if you spend enough time together to just relax. You'll be able to pull it off without problem.