Chapter 73 | ambush

"You really think this is going to work?"

"I've figured out harming tunes. I can get past them"

Ryuk laughed, watching the numbers above lights head go down. This was the final battle and he knew it, he would have a BLAST watching this go down. Light walked through the ambrosia orchid, Ryuk following. In the wannabe gods arms the death note and pen and zephyrs lyre.

"This place looks like some ancient civilisation with all the cathedrals and castles, just slapped into the clouds" light said.

"It's been around since the beginning of time, what do you expect? A modern city" Ryuk sassed.

"It's exactly what I expected. Sky islands, clouds, elegant ethereal buildings. Perfect fit for a god. Maybe I can make a few changes when I'm in power..."

Ryuk snickered, every time Light said something about winning another number dropped on his lifespan. Ryuk wants exactly sad Light was going to die. He was annoyed that his free entertainment was over. And with the mess kira caused he knew that dropping death notes wouldn't be an easy thing to do anymore. The Shinigami king and the Kami will probably put in some rule against it.

At least it was fun to watch, and it's definitely the furthest anyone's ever gone with the death note.

Emerging from the orchid, he eyed the staircase not that far off, and to his surprise he didn't see anyone near by.

"See, they aren't even guarding it. I have this win" Light smirked.

Ryuk laughed, it was getting hard for him to breathe with how much he was laughing about this every two seconds. He knew you were hiding somewhere, he knew you wouldn't let him get this far. Approaching the stair case, he looked around, seeing no one.

"Ryuk, just you watch... when I get to the top I'll overthrow this place"

He stepped onto the first step, and as if on cue...

"We finally cross paths again Yagami"

Looking up, he saw you standing further up the stairs bow and arrow pointed at him. The killer sneered at you.

"(Y/n), I knew you'd show up at some point. Always getting in the way in the name of love. It's pathetic" light scoffed.

"Don't think you're getting up here. Even if you made it past me all the pantheons of Kami wouldn't let you through the gates" you replied.

"Even Kami aren't immune to pain. Just because they can't die doesn't mean I can't control them"

"You're making yourself look like a royal dumbass. Preserve what little dignity you have left and just hand over the book and lyre. Take the punishment light, or we'll have to take care of you for good, Kira"

He snickered, smug look on his face.

"I am kira, you say it like it's a bad thing. Wars have stopped, crime rates have dropped. You see, I'm doing good. I'm changing the world. What are you going to do? Shoot me? An arrow won't stop me" he sneered.

"You don't understand do you? Wars and crime happen because someone has an evil soul. That's something that can't be stopped. No matter how many times they reincarnate, they'll just keep committing crimes. It's sad bit tragedy helps the world go round just like love, death, life and magic. No matter how hard you try to clean up the world, there'll always be evil. And you, kira. Are one such evil" you smirked.

Light rolled his eyes, scoffing at you. Your smirk grew wider, watching as L approached from behind gavel in hands ready to hit Light.

"Evil? Changing the world for the better is evil? In that case those who don't actively try to better the world no matter the means are evil even if they never commit a crime... isn't that right L-"