Chapter 70 | reconcile

You were rather nervous on Misa's behalf.

Not because of the baby. The birth was successful, she and the baby are safe. Last night at 11:34pm a healthy baby girl was born, she was given the name Naja. Zephyr has suggested it way back when Misa first got pregnant. The name meant rescue, symbolic of the baby being the reason Misa was snapped out of Lights grip, rescued if you will.

You were nervous because Misa was too exhausted and scared to face Lights dad. So you and L agreed to break the news of the birth to him. You took Zephyr and Misa to the highlands the second the baby was confirmed to be healthy and the chord was cut. Kami already at the gates waiting for you, ready to help with healing zephyrs wings and helping with checking up the baby and Misa.

So you and L stood outside the building the taskforce were placed into. You were aware Matsuda had been watching you, but no one else had been, since all of them were wrapping their heads around the situation still. You didn't blame them for being shocked nine months after the situation started. Most of the taskforce literally watched Light grow up alongside his dad.

"God this is gonna be awkward..." L sighed.

"Well, he's going to find out sooner or later" you replied, pushing the doors open.

The taskforce all turned to look at you, immediately paying full attention.

"We have news" you said.

"Have you found Light?" Mr Yagami asked.

"We know he's in the astral plane. But that's not why we're here..." L said.

You and L looked at each other for a moment deciding who'd say it. You decided to get the ball rolling so it was over with.

"W-well... are you aware the messenger goddess was captured by them?"

"I do remember that yes" Aizawa said.

"Well, a little while after she was captured, they started to play around with her magic items to try and figure them out. Misa accidentally placed a temporary infatuation spell on light... and he got her pregnant" you said.

"He... what?" Mr Yagami said.

"But... um. It kind of went south. When Misa told him he got furious at her, an argument broke out and he slapped her, throwing her in with the messenger goddess refusing to help raise the baby. That baby was born last night, Misa is no longer supporting the Kira ideology after that argument, she realised how bad it was and how badly light was treating her. In the 9 months she was locked up with zephyr the messenger goddess, they kinda fell in love and are going to raise the baby together. But since that baby is related to Light, she's your granddaughter" L finished.

It was dead silent for a moment. No one knew what to say. Not only were the Yagami parents now grandparents, the taskforce just got told Light was not only Kira but an abusive ex who just hit it and left.

"W-where is Misa right now?" Me Yagami asked.

"With zephyr in the highlands being treated by the Kami" you replied.

"Can I see her?"

You nodded, instructing the taskforce to stay put for now. He followed you and L up the stairs and to the gates of the highlands where you were let in by Apollo who was keeping track of the situation to make sure all the Kami were on the same page. You began the walk down the halls to get to Misa, when you heard Aphrodite's voice from around the corner.

"Boys get back here!"

"But Ls back!"

From around the corner came the successors running full speed at L.