Chapter 66 | updates

"No signals from them today?" L asked.

"Not once. That last one much have just been zeph getting lucky while Light was away..."you replied.

Yet another random hotel room, another month passed without a trace. More deaths, more confusion. If you didn't find them soon, mass panic wold be breaking out among humans because of Kira. You wondered how the boys and taskforce were doing. The boys seemed to like the highlands, and you had the taskforce sent to the aether for safety. You hadn't heard from them in a while but you knew that'd be watching. Hopefully they looked away whenever things between you and L got steamy, you know Aphrodite kept the boys from watching when that happened so at least you didn't need to worry about them.

You got into bed, immediately bringing L into your arms. He was exhausted from all this and you could tell.

"Hate to intrude but-"

Both you and L jumped up, turning on the lamp and damn near having a heart attack. Instinctively you grabbed Eros' bow and arrow and pointed it at the figure as the lights came on.

"LOKI WHAT THE-"

The trickster god had suddenly showed up at the end of the bed, snickering at your reactions.

"I almost shot your ass! Don't do that" you said.

"Sorry, I couldn't resist. Aph sent me. No tricks, I actually have news" he said.

"She's found light?" L asked.

"No, not yet. But she did find Misa's life pond"

You and L were well and truly listening now, that could give some kind of clue.

"Shes been locked up with zephyr, so we can't find an address or appearance of the building. They've been stuck in the same room for months" Loki explained.

You and L sighed in annoyance. Of course, just your luck you still can't find the exact location.

"It seems to be some kind of run down office building, maybe a warehouse with an office attached to it. The room their in looks like an old break room. Zephyrs wings are broken. That's why she can't escape via flight"

"What's misa doing in there with her?" You asked.

"Aph thought it was suspicious so she played back the and had Themis find her life log. You're not going to believe how wild this gets..."

You could see L already trying to guess the outcome, he was doing the detective analysis nail biting thing he does.

"She got ahold of Zephs lyre, trying to figure it out maybe? Not sure aph just skimmed it over. But she accidentally played a lust songs tune which caused Light to get enchanted obviously... and because zephyr was in the area and she's a fertility goddess..."

"Loki- you're not joking are you?" L jumped in.

"Figured it out? No I'm not joking. This actually happened. She's pregnant"

Your eyes may as well have just popped out of your head with how wide your eye got hearing that.

"How long?" You asked.

"5 months. She's really staring to cut it close here" Loki said.

"I'm guessing Light didn't approve of this once the spell wore off, an argument broke out where he went on about how it would get in the way of his mission and threw Misa in with zephyr" L rambled.

"You are a good detective aren't you? That's exactly right. It seems that was the push she needed to realise Light was toxic. She literally had it slapped out of her. The man had the nerve to hit a pregnant woman"