Jarris

I twirled my practice sword, flinging Jarris's from his hand. I smirked as I kicked him in the chest and pointed my sword at his throat. "That was your worst one yet."

He rolled his eyes and I offered him my hand to get up.

As we walked over to a bench, he stopped to pick up the wooden sword. "I'm lucky we're not doing this with anything you could use to kill me."

I spun the wooden blade. "I wouldn't be too sure about that." I shot him a mischievous grin.

He smiled, but his eyes showed a tinge of fear. He knew I could make good on my threat.

Jarris was a padawan. He had shaggy brown hair with a long skinny braid hanging near his left temple. He had bright teal eyes and defined cheekbones. Over all, he was fairly good looking, but I thought of him more like a brother.

After Alana had left, he was there to comfort me. I hadn't met him before because he had been on mission with his master. He left a lot, but, when he came back to the Jedi Temple, we made the most of our time together.

He sat down and picked up a bottle of water. "So, how's life been here?"

"Boring." I plopped down beside him. "Master Yoda says I'm progressing quickly."

"That's good." He offered me a drink.

"I guess." I took a sip of the slightly metallic tasting water.

"Hey," He nudged me with his elbow. "Don't take this time for granted. I could really use some boring right now. The whole galaxy could."

"Yeah, you're right." I handed back the water bottle. "I just wish I could be out there helping."

"Don't worry." He set the bottle on the floor. "I'm sure you'll get out there soon."

"Someone's confident."

"Yep," he agreed, "and it's not me." He put his arm around my shoulders and squeezed.

We spent the rest of the day wandering the temple talking. As we neared the mess hall for dinner, Master Yoda met us in the hall.

He looked at Jarris. "Need you, your master does. Another mission, you have."

Jarris sighed. "Yes Master." He turned to me. "I'll see you soon." He started down the hall, but before he rounded the corner he called over his shoulder. "Promise."

I smiled at him as he disappeared. "'Bye Jarris." I tried not to think about the danger that he was sure to be flying into. Every mission could be his last, but if that was all I thought about, I would end up driving myself insane.

Master Yoda cleared his throat to get my attention.

"Yes Master." I met his gaze.

"Ready you are, to receive your Kyber crystal." He tapped his cane against the floor.

My eyes widened. I was going to make my own lightsaber.

A/N
The header picture is how I imagine Jarris looking. (Minus the padawan braid of course)
And guess what! This story is at 300 views! I guess I must be doing something right. Thank you to all my readers. I appreciate you all so much for standing by me, even though this story is turning out to be long winded. You're all amazing.
-Cheshire