Master Kenobi

My vision was blurry, but I noticed the smudged figures running towards me. They knelt beside me and I almost collapsed into their arms. I was exhausted.
————
I woke up lying in the medical bay, a headache pulsing in the back of my skull. I tried to sit up, but a droid forced me back down.

"Please, you are still healing." The medical droid's robotic voice was less then soothing.

I let it push me back onto the cot. "What happened?"

"We're not entirely sure." A male accented voice replied to my right.

I turned my head to find a man with light brown hair and Jedi robes sitting in a chair stroking his short beard. His accent sounded British.

He rose and strode over to my side. "Forgive my manners. Obiwan Kenobi, Jedi Knight." He crossed his arms over his chest.

I'd heard stories about this Jedi Master. He'd won many battles and trained Anakin Skywalker, another successful Jedi general.
I nodded slightly. "It's a pleasure, Master Kenobi. Although I wish it were under better circumstances."

He chuckled. "You have a good sense of humor. You'll need it for what lies ahead."

"Believe me," I sighed, "I'm no stranger to violence."

We sat in solemn silence for a moment.

"So," I finally broke the silence, "what did happen?"

Master Kenobi stroked his beard. "As I said, we're not sure. Master Luminara and I found you half dead outside of the temple next to a mangled body."

I winced as everything came flooding back. "Alana." I whispered.

"What?" He asked.

"The body." I explained. "It was my friend Alana. She left the Jedi Order a few months ago. Apparently, she was found by the wrong people." I blinked back my tears. "She'd turned to the Dark Side. Her lightsabers were red."

Master Kenobi sighed. "I'm sorry for your loss." He seemed to be staring at nothing.

"What?" I knew he was thinking about something and I hated being left out.

He met my gaze. "We found an orange Kyber Crystal in each of your hands." He continued when I looked confused. "Which means that you partial purified them."

I remembered the way the crystals had called out to me after I had focused my energy on them. "I... think their mine now."

Master Kenobi only nodded, but, soon after, he left the medical bay.

I took a deep breath. Leave it to me to throw a wrench in the delicate methods of the Jedi Order.