Officers

We raced down the halls, letting Master Piell guide us to the officers.

Suddenly, a line of commando droids blocked our path and more appeared behind us. We were boxed in.

The clones raised their blasters and the Jedi grabbed their lightsabers.

I gripped the two weapons that Anakin had returned to me tightly, ready for anything. Or that's what I thought.

A buzzing sound came from the ceiling and the magnetic pull wrenched my lightsabers from my hands along with the others' weapons. Magnetic feet on the commando droids kept them fastened to the floor.

Anakin flew up to the ceiling too, hanging by his right arm. I'd forgotten it was bionic.

Raising my arm, I pulled the armored chest plate off of one of the droids and rode the metal up to the ceiling. The metal plate collided hard with the ceiling almost forcing me to let go.

I met Anakin's gaze and smirked. "Fancy meeting you here."

He rolled his eyes. "Just get me down."

I chuckled. "As you wish." I reached for my lightsaber, but a shield of electricity sparked beneath the magnetic surface. My grip slipped and I dropped to the floor.

Master Kenobi caught me before I hit the ground.

"Thanks." I held his arm for support as he set me back on my feet.

Then, Anakin dropped down beside me along with all of our weapons. He smirked. "That's how it's done."

I shot him a mock glare as I pulled my lightsabers back to me and deflected blaster shots back into the droids.

Soon, we stood among the scrap metal that remained of the commando droids.

"Perhaps if we took a less... visible route." Master Kenobi suggested.

Master Piell nodded, looked at the ceiling, and ripped down the vent. "After you."

One by one, we climbed into the air duct. We carried on in a long line, walking through the large vents. The space was big enough for most off us to walk upright. One or two of the clones had to hunch over to avoid hitting their heads.
Progress was faster now that we weren't hitting countless obstacles.

"The cell should be just up ahead." Master Piell declared.

We climbed up a chute of ventilation. As the last two clones were finishing the climb, doors started closing off sections of the vents.

Master Kenobi, Anakin, and Ahsoka moved into one section.

Master Piell stayed near the opening and I moved back a section to the right. The doors got closer.

One clone was forced back as Master Piell's section grew crowded. He stepped back over the line.

I grabbed his arm and yanked him back as the doors slammed shut where he was.

A scream echoed through the door. One of the clones hadn't made it.

Pulling out my lightsaber, I cut a hole through the door and stepped into Master Piell's section. I refused to look at the dead clone near the center of the room.

Master Piell cut through the next door and we all moved to Master Kenobi's section.

Master Piell was the first one through. "This is where we stop."

We dropped out of the vents into a hallway lined with doors. Master Piell guided us to the correct one.

Breaching the door was simple and soon we stood among the officers of Master Piell's ship.

Captain Tarkin approached Master Kenobi. "Thank you Master Jedi."

Master Kenobi simply nodded. "I think we should split up. We have a better chance of avoiding obstacles if we move in smaller groups."

"But we have more power as a bigger one." Captain Tarkin protested.

"I agree with Master Kenobi." Master Piell seconded. "We should split up. It will keep the information safe."

Anakin nodded. "Rex, Ahsoka, and I will take Captain Tarkin and the other officers out through the old caverns."

Master Kenobi stroked his beard. "And Cody and I will take Master Piell and Lianna through the Citadel itself."

With that, we separated, dashing down the corridor in opposite directions.