Explanation

I took a deep breath before walking into the training room.

Jarris smacked the training dummy with a wooden sword, making a loud crack. Half of the stick went skidding across the floor.

I picked up the broken wood and sighed. "Looks like someone is having anger issues."

Jarris stiffened and turned to face me.

I smirked. "Is someone having a hard time with my death?"

He dashed forward and hugged me tightly.

I chuckled and returned the favor.

He pulled back. "How are you... What happened? Where have you been?" He didn't know what to ask first.

I sighed. "I guess I better start from the beginning."
————
Jarris sat back, taking it all in. "I can't believe they entrusted you with a mission like that."

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh, don't tell me you're jealous."

"I'm not." He looked away. "Maybe a little. I have been here longer." He met my gaze. "Do you know why they chose you?"

I shook my head. "Maybe it's because I have a better relationship with Master Kenobi, or maybe it's because I haven't been here as long. The separatists haven't learned my face yet."

Jarris nodded. "That makes sense."

"You still look upset, what's the matter?" I tried to meet his gaze as he stared at his lap.

He heaved a long breath. "My Master lied to me. He let me believe you were dead."

I sighed. "The others' reaction was crucial for the plan to work. People needed to believe that we were dead."

"But you just said that the separatists didn't know you." He countered.

"It wasn't my decision." I explained.

He nodded. He still looked a bit angry.

"Hey," I nudged him, "whatever led the Council to lie to you, I'm sure there was a good reason. I trust Master Yoda and Master Kenobi."

"I do too." Jarris admitted.

I smiled. "See. I'm sure this will make sense when we get to their level."

He scoffed. "Yeah right, like we'll ever reach their level."

"Not with that attitude." I chuckled, elbowing him in the side.

He rolled his eyes.

I stood and offered him a hand. "Care to go a few rounds, or are you going to break a sword against me?"

He smirked and took my hand. "I'll do my best not too."

A/N
Yay, filler chapter! Hope you enjoyed it anyway. I needed an in-between part.