Found

I tied off my loosely braided hair and tapped my communicator to make sure it was working. Ahsoka needed to be able to reach me in case of an emergency.

There was a knock at the door. I jumped up and answered it.

Anakin stood outside my room. "Are you coming or what?"

I rolled my eyes. "You're as impatient as ever. I know this is your padawan, but lighten up. You'll be no use to her dead."

He smirked. "Who says I'd get myself killed?"

I stepped out of my room. "Past experience."

He raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. "Oh really? Name one."

I crossed my arms. "When you came to help me and Master Secura and got blown up; when you got caught in the magnet ceiling at the citadel; when you chased Obi wan's 'killer' and almost took a bullet to the chest... shall I go on?"

He shook his head. "You're ridiculous."

I shrugged. "It's a gift."

His smile fell. "It reminds me of Snips."

I grabbed his arm. "Hey, we'll get her back."

He sighed. "I'm more worried about what'll happen to her when we do."

I squeezed his hand before letting go. "Don't worry. You'll figure it out. You always do."

He nodded and we walked through the halls to a gunship outside.
————
I clutched the handle tied to the ceiling of the gunship so that I would have something to hold onto. We landed on a lower platform.

Anakin and I stepped off of the ship. Anakin nodded to Rex and the gunship lifted off the platform. We watched them take off before pulling our hoods over our heads and walking into the lower level of the planet.

I scanned the area as we walked the streets looking for Ventress. Anakin had spotted her with Ahsoka a few days ago. The two seemed to be working together.

It was hard for me to believe Ahsoka would ever team up with Dooku's former student, but I trusted her. I knew there had to be a good reason.

Before we found anything, Kickback came running up behind us. "General!"

We turned to face the trooper.

He stopped and saluted. "They've found her."

My eyes widened and I met Anakin's gaze. His expression was both relieved and horrified. We ran back to the gunship, which carried us back to the Jedi Temple. We arrived just as the clones did with Ahsoka.

I jumped down from the ship as it was landing and rushed over to her. I wrapped her in a hug. "I'm sorry. I couldn't prove your innocence."

She pulled away and placed one of her cuffed hands on my shoulder. "It's not your fault. Whatever happens, I don't blame you." She let the temple guards lead her inside.