Kyber Crystal

My eyes widened as the light of the newly risen sun melted the wall of ice before me. I stood with three other younglings and Master Yoda.

"Into the cave, you will go." Master Yoda explained. "Trust in the Force, you must, to find your crystal." He tapped the ice with his cane. "Leave the cave before the ice reforms," he warned. "Or trapped, you will be."

The four of us younglings walked forward and entered the icy cave. It didn't take long before we had split up.

I walked alone down a cold, dark corridor. Stalagmites of ice pierced the chill air. I ran my hand along the wall, feeling the cold surface through my gloves. What little light penetrated the cave reflected off of every surface and yet it barely brightened the cave.

I took a deep breath and it plumed up in front of my face, temporarily clouding my vision.
Suddenly, my foot slipped and I slid down a steep incline and into a thick wall. I pushed myself to my feet, rubbing the pain in my side.

I wandered aimlessly for a while, unsure what to do. Master Yoda had said to trust in the Force, but the Force wasn't really giving me anything right now. I couldn't feel anything. I was surrounded by ice and had no idea where I was. And so the hours stretched on.

I was totally lost and there was no sign of a Kyber Crystal. Soon, I found myself near the entrance with a strange feeling. I looked deeper into the cave and it faded, but, when I turned to leave, my hands tingled.

Slowly, a walked out of the cave. The ice had nearly covered the opening and the other three younglings had already returned.

Master Yoda met my gaze expectantly.

I hung my head. "I'm sorry Master. I have nothing to present."

The younglings gasped, but Master Yoda simply nodded.

We walked back to the ship and returned to the Jedi Temple.
————
I kicked the training dummy in the chest and it spun on a pivot.

"Is this a bad time?"

I whirled to face whoever had spoken, ready to strike.

Jarris raised his hands defensively. "Woah. It's just me."

I dropped my fists and wrapped him in a hug. "You're back."

"Yeah," he pulled back, "and you're upset."

I bit my lip and walked over to the bench. "That obvious, huh?"

He sat next to me and shrugged. "I know you pretty well. What's wrong?"

I refused to meet his gaze. "I... couldn't find my Kyber Crystal."

He stared at me curiously. "Really?"

I sighed. "Yes." I rose and turned my back on him. "Maybe I'm just not cut out for this."

"Don't say that." He jumped up and stood next to me. "You are more cut out for this than a lot of the padawans I've met." He grinned. "And they've been doing it longer."

I couldn't help but smile. "What do I do now?"

He shrugged. "I'm not sure, but you'll figure it out. I know you will." He grabbed two wooden training swords and tossed one at me. "Now let's see what you've got."

I caught it and smirked at him. "You are so on."