Suspects

I kicked the air above Jarris' head as he ducked my attack. As soon as my right foot touched the ground, I spun with my left leg close to the floor and swept his legs out from under him.
He landed hard on his back.

"That's nine for me." I recounted. "How about eleven out of twenty-one."

"No thanks." He groaned as he stood up. "I think I've had all I can take for one day."

I chuckled. "I guess we're lucky you're not fighting me in this war. We'd have already lost."

He scowled at my joke. "That's not funny. You shouldn't joke about stuff like that. I thought you of all people would know that."

I placed a hand on his shoulder. "Trust me, I do. I promise I won't make a habit of it."

He nodded. "Okay. If you break that promise..."

"What?" I challenged. "What will you do? You can't beat me in a fight."

He shrugged. "I'd figure something out."

I smiled. "I'm sure you would."

Master Kenobi walked into the room. "Lianna."

I turned, completely caught off guard. What was Obi wan doing in here?

He faced Jarris. "I'm afraid I'll have to steal her from you. She needs to report to the Council," he looked at me, "immediately."

I nodded and followed Obi wan out of the room. "Is this about the bombing again, because I thought I was clear?"

He walked briskly through the halls. "Yes, it's about the bombing, but don't worry, they're not blaming you. They know you're innocent."

"Then what is this about?" I followed closely behind him, trotting to keep up.

He didn't respond; he just led me to the Council chamber. Upon our arrival, he took a seat in his spot in the ring of chairs.

The rest of the Council was already gathered, although several of them were holograms.

I faced the Masters. "What's wrong?"

They were hesitant to speak.

Finally, Master Yoda answered me. "Accused of planning the bombing, Padawan Tano has been."

"What?!" I failed to keep my composure. "That's impossible. Ahsoka would never do something like that."

"And yet," Master Windu spoke up, "all the evidence points to her."

"No." I held. "There's no way she did this."

Obi wan hung his head. "The Senate is holding her in a Republic prison for further investigation."

I stared at the floor, trying to sort though my thoughts. No. Ahsoka couldn't have done this. She wouldn't have, would she?