Insight

I winced as I put weight on my right foot. It had been badly broken in the explosion and I had only just been given permission to walk again. I limped over to a mirror, taking deep breaths to ease the pain. I examined my reflection. The Beskar armor had protected me from any fatal injuries, but the wounds had still been severe. I traced a thin scar on my cheek. In the heat of the moment, I hadn't noticed that the assassin had knicked my face with his whip, almost hitting my right eye. I looked down at my left arm, flexing my fingers. It hurt as a stretched the muscles in my arm.

I took a deep breath, embracing the slight pain that pulsed through my torso. I had been lucky that the assassin hadn't cut me in half. Deep circular gashes had dug into my stomach and my upper arms had almost been sliced clean through.

"You've looked better." I turned to find Anakin standing in the doorway, arms crossed.

I leaned back on the counter. "I've also looked worse."

He chuckled. "I'd believe it."

"Thank you." I massaged my left shoulder. "If you hadn't shown up, I probably wouldn't be here."

He shrugged. "You're clever. You probably would've come up with something."

I chuckled. "I'm flattered, but I don't think I would have. Not in time."

Anakin's grin faded as he met my gaze. "It was the least I could do. You've saved me enough times. I think it's about time I returned the favor."
————
I stood in the Trial Chamber with the Council waiting for my next test.

Master Yoda stepped forward. "The Trial of Insight, your next test is." He tapped his cane on the ground and two doors opened on the back wall of the chamber.

Nearly one hundred clones marched out, standing in rank throughout the room.

"Your job is to find the imposter." Master Windu explained. "One of these clones is a Clawdite, a shapeshifter."

I turned to face the crowd of soldiers. I recognized Hawk, Scope, Grey, Tech, and Kickback among them. It was unlikely that the Clawdite would be disguised as one of them. I knew them too well. Even by sight, I could tell it wasn't one of them.

I wandered the room, examining each of the men standing at attention in the room. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed one of the clones was fidgeting whenever they thought I wasn't looking. I walked passed then spun on my heel and grabbed the clones arm.

The soldier jumped and the disguise faltered, revealing the Clawdite's true identity. I led the shapeshifter to the Council.

"Well done." Obi wan congratulated.

Master Yoda nodded his agreement. "Passed the Trials, you have."

Master Windu uncrossed his arms. "I agree."

The rest of the Council muttered their agreement.

"Congratulations, Lianna." Master Windu proclaimed loud enough for the whole room to hear. "You've earned the title of Jedi Knight and, in this time of unrest, General and, as such, you'll be commanding a battalion of your own." He gestured to the clones gathered in the room.

They all saluted her - their General.