Splitting Up

It was chaos. I couldn't keep track of everything that was happening. I deflected blaster shots and helped protect the clones as best as I could, but I was in no shape to fight.

Eventually, Master Skywalker and Master Mundi managed to force the Geonosians back.

I leaned back against the crates next to Master Kenobi. Everything hurt.

The sniper from before approached from the ring of tanks. He stood at attention before me and saluted. "I wanted to thank you, Commander."

I nodded. "You would do the same for me. You did."

The clone continued to salute. "Just doing my duty ma'am."

I forced myself to stand. "At ease soldier."

He finally dropped his hand to his side.

"What's your name?" I clutched my stomach and leaned against the crates.

"My number is CT-4675." He replied.

I rolled my eyes. "Not your number, your name."

His whole body seemed to relax. "They call me Scope, ma'am."

"Well," I straightened as much as I could. "Thank you, Scope."
————
A clone helped me limp over to the gun ship. Master Mundi, Master Kenobi, and I were leaving. None of us were in the proper shape to fight. Master Skywalker and his padawan had had it easy this time around. They were staying to take out the droid factory with Master Luminara Unduli and her padawan Barriss Offee.

I grabbed the overhead handle of the gunship and stood next Master Kenobi. "So, that could've gone better."

He sighed and met my gaze. "Most missions can. We just have to work with what we get."

I watched Master Skywalker talk to his padawan. "What was it like to have a padawan again?"

Master Kenobi gave me a slightly annoyed look. "You're not my padawan."

I smirked. "What? You don't want another headstrong student?"

He looked at Master Skywalker. "It feels like I still have one."

I followed his gaze. "That's because you do."

He looked at me curiously.

"We never stop learning." I stared at Master Skywalker. "When we encounter something we don't understand, we go to the people we trust. In Master Skywalker's case... you." I met his gaze. "Why do you think Master Yoda doesn't have any time to train his own padawan."

Master Kenobi looked out over the Geonosian landscape. "You're right. You learn something new everyday." He looked at me with admiration. "Master Yoda has taught you well."

I watched the ground recede into the distance as the gunship took flight. "Master Yoda didn't teach me that."