The Chase

My heart beat rapidly as I chased Ahsoka along the massive pipeline. I had to make this look real. They couldn't know I was helping her.

Anakin rode in the gunship with Rex while the rest of the clones and I followed on the ground.
With their blasters set to stun, the clones fired incessantly at her.

I tried to stay as close as possible to discourage the shooting. They wouldn't risk firing if there was a chance they would hit the wrong person.
The chase continued fruitlessly, until Ahsoka disappeared into one of the pipes.

I followed without hesitation.

She was clever. They couldn't take a gunship in there and they would have to split up to find her in the maze of watery tunnels. As the clones dropped in, I lagged behind Ahsoka, giving her a head start. She darted out of sight.
I knew where she had gone, so I led the clones down the other tunnel.

A majority followed my lead, but a small group broke off to check in the other direction. If Ahsoka wasn't careful, they would catch up.

My group and I reached another intersection - three options. I split the group in half and sent them down the tunnels branching in the wrong direction.

Two clones refused to leave my side for safety reasons. So, our trio followed the pipe that looped back towards Ahsoka.

I was so busy feeling for her that I almost fell into a downspout.

One of the clones grabbed my arm before I fell. He had a big build with heavy armor and a large gun clutched in his free hand. "Careful there, Commander."

I faced the trooper. "Thank you, Kickback."

He nodded in response.

I suddenly felt a stab of anger and betrayal. That was definitely Ahsoka. I rushed down the tunnel, leaving the clones behind me. I arrived just in time to see Anakin confronting his padawan.

"Ahsoka, please." Anakin pleaded.

"No," she replied. "I'm not going to take the fall for something I didn't do."

Anakin tried again, but Ahsoka wasn't listening. She had locked eyes with me.

I knew there was no convincing her. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Ahsoka trust me." Anakin took a step towards her.

"I do trust you , Anakin." She took a step back. "But you have to trust me now." She looked over her shoulder and jumped.

Anakin and I dashed to the opening.

She landed on a large ship descending into the lower levels of Coruscant.

I sighed. She had to figure this out on her own.